Magnus Atheria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello again everyone, I was here 2009, but coming back a couple of months ago, I realized how overwhelming this platform has become, so I decided to have my first post here in the forum.

I don't have the guts yet to put my avatar pic on the display, looking at all your cool looking ones.

Any suggestions on avatars, clothings  places? The newbie places in destinations are not that helping for me, if not at all.

Looking forward to be acquaintance with anyone here, old/new/anyone, I usually online in the evening, GMT+8 Bali Time, yes I currently live in this beautiful Island of Gods, even though need to go to big city every once in a while.

Thank you! Hope to see any of u!

2 hours ago, Christo Penberg said:

Another thing, anyone here from Indonesia? I dont seem to be able to connect Indonesian bank to buy Linden$, I tried CIMB, BCA.

Helps are greatly appreciated.

you can't connect banks as payment methods, it has to be credit cards, verified paypal or skrill.
With paypal it's often possible to use debit or pre paid cards to load a balance on it, and use it for SL.
Some pre paids/debits will work too, but officially those aren't accepted. A next try might fail, while it works initially.

11 minutes ago, Christo Penberg said:

Thanks for the reply, yes I meant my cards from those banks. So only Paypal? Do you have experience with Indonesian banks/cards?

neither paypal nor skrill deal directly in the Rupiah

best to talk to your bank about setting up a USD-denominated bank account, then use this USD-denominated account to set up a Paypal account. You could also arrange thru your bank to obtain a Visa credit card denominated in USD. Normally when we transfer our local currency into our USD account, the bank does so at their current foreign exchange rate (Forex)

best to talk to your bank about all this first tho, and not just rely on my advice

2 minutes ago, Christo Penberg said:

Hmm sounds very hassle full. Do you have experience in using Rupiah/local bank/cards?

yes it is. But if we want to transact internationally then we have to do it the way our bank can handle it

in my own case, I belong to a little bank, it is a co-operative owned by us the account holders. No bank outside of my country will deal directly with us, we are too small for them to bother with, So my bank is a client bank of a big international bank which has a branch in my  country. When I transfer money or receive money from overseas it passes thru the big bank who then passes it my bank (their client bank)

so is all pretty seamless when I do this. And because of this client bank arrangement then when I want to pay something in a foreign currency then I pay in my local currency and the big international bank does the currency exchange and my bank deducts the money and the exchange fee from my account

as I mention tho already, talk to your bank. If they can't do it for you then look to open an account with a branch of a big international bank in your country

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

yes it is. But if we want to transact internationally then we have to do it the way our bank can handle it

in my own case, I belong to a little bank, it is a co-operative owned by us the account holders. No bank outside of my country will deal directly with us, we are too small for them to bother with, So my bank is a client bank of a big international bank which has a branch in my  country. When I transfer money or receive money from overseas it passes thru the big bank who then passes it my bank (their client bank)

so is all pretty seamless when I do this. And because of this client bank arrangement then when I want to pay something in a foreign currency then I pay in my local currency and the big international bank does the currency exchange and my bank deducts the money and the exchange fee from my account

as I mention tho already, talk to your bank. If they can't do it for you then look to open an account with a branch of a big international bank in your country

Thank you for your reply, I understand your situation and thank you for your insights.

Do you have any experience buying Linden Dollar using crypto? I see no options of crypto in the payment page of Secondlife website.

Accepted currencies and payment methods

You may use the following payment methods with Second Life:

• Visa
  • American Express
  • MasterCard
  • Delta Online (non-U.S. Residents only)
  • JCB
  • Diners Club
  • Discover (U.S. Residents only)
  • Visa Electron (non-U.S. Residents only)
  • PayPal
  • Skrill

The currencies accepted for payment include:

• CAD, AUD, JPY, EUR, GBP for non-U.S. Residents, and
    • USD for U.S. Residents
Note: If you have had a payment method on file since before December 7, 2011, you may need to remove and re-add that payment method before making payments in non-USD currencies.

PayPal

To use an existing PayPal balance when making transactions with Second Life, it must be in USD. You can convert your balance to USD at paypal.com (PayPal may impose exchange fees).

Skrill

Skrill offers a variety of payment options including Visa, MasterCard, and American Express, along with over 100 local payment options listed on their Payment Options page. For a complete list of currencies accepted by Skrill, visit their official website and view the page on Fees and Availability.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Caroline Takeda said:

If paypal fails, try this:

https://www.viabuy.com/

Issues with prepaid and gift cards

A common cause of payment method failure is the use of unsupported card types. At this time, the majority of prepaid cards are not compatible with our system, even if they bear the VISA/AMEX/Mastercard logo. This includes cards purchased at retail stores, rechargeable credit cards, and bank-issued check cards.

• Like 1

I have a friend who's posted on this forum and is in Indonesia. He said some banks are able to let people purchase linden dollars and make payments to SL. I'll ask him which bank he uses that works.

Btw, he also has a hard time getting a strong enough internet connection to run SL, but is able to use the mobile app LumiyaThe average connection speed in Indonesia is quite low compared to in the US, so you might have some trouble with low frame rates and your connection being dropped. 

Some mobile apps for SL.

Halo, apakabar? Saya dari Indonesia, sudah coba Jenius atau Bank Jago? Saya selalu membeli beberapa Linden langsung menggunakan card dari Bank Jago, tidak ada proses yang merepotkan. Bank Jago punya app yang bisa didownload langsung dari Play Store. Saya rasa tidak ada masalah dengan pembelian Linden di Indonesia.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.