The new Newbrooke LL Homes Rezzed things stuck under the floor

Ally Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The floors are mesh, so your best bet is to put down a rug or any prim, and rez on top of that. As far as retrieving the items, if you can't cam and find them, try using area search. (Firestorm has this feature, but I'm not sure whether the official LL viewer does.)  Once you see it listed in the area search box, you can right click on the name of the item in that box and choose "edit", and carry on with moving the item up to where you want it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Another couple of hints, please forgive me if you know them already.  

> When you're rezzing things on top of mesh, whatever you rez may end up in an unexpected place.  It's like things "bounce" off the mesh as they rez.  So it can be helpful to bring up an empty build menu (ctrl-3) before you rez; as soon as you rez something it will automatically be put into edit, so that it's easy to bring it back to where you want it.

> There is this option on the World menu, "Disable Camera Constraints".  That will allow you to move your camera inside of solid objects, like the floor.  (Once that's set, you can also cam inside your body, which can be a little puzzling, but helpful if your belly ring or eyelashes don't appear when you put them on).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The floors are mesh, so your best bet is to put down a rug or any prim, and rez on top of that. As far as retrieving the items, if you can't cam and find them, try using area search. (Firestorm has this feature, but I'm not sure whether the official LL viewer does.)  Once you see it listed in the area search box, you can right click on the name of the item in that box and choose "edit", and carry on with moving the item up to where you want it. 

Thank you so much for this advice @Sylvia Tamalyn, I do use firestorm so I will try that. 🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Another couple of hints, please forgive me if you know them already.  

> When you're rezzing things on top of mesh, whatever you rez may end up in an unexpected place.  It's like things "bounce" off the mesh as they rez.  So it can be helpful to bring up an empty build menu (ctrl-3) before you rez; as soon as you rez something it will automatically be put into edit, so that it's easy to bring it back to where you want it.

> There is this option on the World menu, "Disable Camera Constraints".  That will allow you to move your camera inside of solid objects, like the floor.  (Once that's set, you can also cam inside your body, which can be a little puzzling, but helpful if your belly ring or eyelashes don't appear when you put them on).

Thanks so much for your advice 🤗 I will give these a try also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ally Heartsong said:

Awesome! thank you Ladies for telling me how to do this , I managed to retrieve 14 extra objects under my floor 😂 and when you’re counting prims that’s a few.

Fun fact: my very first forum post back in 2010 was asking how to find a rug that disappeared when I rezzed it. Some kind soul explained to noob me that I'd dropped it under the floor. 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Ally Heartsong said:

Awesome! thank you Ladies for telling me how to do this , I managed to retrieve 14 extra objects under my floor 😂 and when you’re counting prims that’s a few.

Yeah, I kept getting things stuck inside my walls when I was new, still do actually, but now I know how to get to them.  😁

• Like 1

Just wanted to note that not ALL mesh buildings have this issue. It is a PHYSICS error when making the physics model and uploading the mesh. I honestly am puzzled why the Belli houses are STILL having this problem (my traditional did for sure). There is no reason for it, and with Belli "made" especially for new arrivals, it really should be addressed and fixed IMO :D.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It has puzzled me too, since even with my primitive mesh skills I've been able to make surfaces I can rez on.  @Chic Aeon, is it possible that moles have made a tradeoff to decrease LI of the Linden homes at the cost of floors as rezzing surfaces?

IMHO, I bet that they've lost some newbie premiums who have found this behavior bewildering.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.