How do you feel when someone offers unsolicited to give you a "better looking" avatar?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This happened to me.. I resisted mesh bods when they came out, as I resist all New Things, so a lad I was roleplaying with bought me a Maitreya bod and said please wear it. I admit it, he was right.

6 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

someone asks me what I think

what i think when anyone asks me how I like their look...

trap.gif.7f9a3e71ac02dd38bcdb6ff589e12079.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I'm not sure if he was insinuating my fashion sense is terrible (I know it's not), but I had this one creator*cough*template user* offer me anything from his store that I wanted, thinking it would get him in my pants faster.  Let's just say all of his template creations involved hooker heels and the matching show everything but the nip/crotch dresses.  These weren't well-textured template creations either.   I so wanted to tell him I'd never in a million years wear that crap, but I didn't want to get into a mudslinging match so I took the most conservative stuff he offered.

1) He didn't get in my pants.

2) He got mad when he didn't like who I voted for in the 2020 election (he wasn't even American) and bitched me out, so I blocked him and deleted everything he gave me since I never wore it in the first place.

I'll only take fashion criticism from someone that actually makes good items in SL or has an aesthetic I appreciate. 

• Haha 1

Closest I ever get to criticism is on my height, and it ends fast:

Other: Why are you so tall?

Me: I like it.

And that’s it, really. The only thing they could say at that point is that they don’t like it, and most people don’t want to sound like an idiot so soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

All I've gotten throughout the years is " Can you make your boobs bigger? " like bimbo sized or " Can you wear this or that? ", which is honestly annoying, unless I ask someone for their opinion or preference I rather not hear it, I dress and adjust my avatar according to what I like myself, not for anyone else's pleasure.

However whenever I ask for someone to give me a suggestion on something, they usually do not give me any because they don't know. 😐

• Like 1

If I'm planning to do intimate roleplay with someone, I may tell them I have 2 avatars who do that sort of thing. As either one I'm not going to change my appearance much to suit the other person. If they want to play with someone who looks younger and thinner, I may recommend Alycia, but she's still going to be a pale goth girl with an attitude. I'm not going to change my race for someone,...unless they want an alien or succubus. 😉 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.