How do you feel when someone offers unsolicited to give you a "better looking" avatar?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How do you feel when someone offers unsolicited to give you a "better looking" avatar?

if you're a girl and they're a girl,
they are actually marketing agents of several makers.
Most women don't like seeing other women as better than themselves (naturally).

If you are a girl and they are a boy, yes they want to slex you.

If you are male and they are female, they are actually a marketing agency.
they use female avatars to approach you while actually behind the avatar is a big bearded man.
LoL

If you're a boy and they're a boy, they're actually a gay guy looking to slex you.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

It really p*sses me off when men have had the nerve to say things like they don't like my choice of having black hair, my boobage is too small, my avi is too skinny or too short/tall...cos usually right after they ghost me, I see them with a short, blonde bimbo "curvy" avi who looks like she really needs to lay off the pies...and probably is really a guy!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Panteleeva said:

when guy at the beach asked why i do not use HD nipples from Maitreya Hud and then got crazy when i asked thats my choice what to use. lol

They tend to poke through things... I don't care how much nicer they look, I'll take a BoM nipple that actually fits under my clothes over the Maitreya HD nipples, the same thing for their fingernails that don't alpha properly and never quite line up with gloves and shoes/stockings.

Edited by NanashiNyx
Spelling
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, NanashiNyx said:

They tend to poke through things... I don't care how much nicer they look, I'll take a BoM nipple that actually fits under my clothes over the Maitreya HD nipples, the same thing for their fingernails that don't alpha properly and never quite line up with gloves and shoes/stockings.

I agree on the mesh nipple thing too. It's just as annoying with Belleza Bodies when it shows through clothes, and then you have to go find the tab to hide it. Mesh nipples can look hot on a nude body, but most of the time I'm perfectly happy with the ones on my skin texture.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I agree on the mesh nipple thing too. It's just as annoying with Belleza Bodies when it shows through clothes, and then you have to go find the tab to hide it. Mesh nipples can look hot on a nude body, but most of the time I'm perfectly happy with the ones on my skin texture.

The things I learn on this forum 🤔 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I feel I have a mission to help the guys with the shoulders so broad and the muscles so huge that they couldn't even reach their stuff to wink at me.  I call them Gorillas (and you know how small the Silverback's equipment is in RL...).

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Anna Nova said:

I feel I have a mission to help the guys with the shoulders so broad and the muscles so huge that they couldn't even reach their stuff to wink at me.  I call them Gorillas (and you know how small the Silverback's equipment is in RL...).

Those guys have p3nises the same size as a small child's leg!

dc55272a-7be9-4ad7-8658-7be6955ccfde_text.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

they use female avatars to approach you while actually behind the avatar is a big bearded man.
LoL

If you're a boy and they're a boy, they're actually a gay guy looking to slex you.

Leaving the raving paranoia aside.  Wouldnt it be a terrible business practice to go around incognito, offering people to buy bodies for them?  If you give someone a body, as an embassador from a brand, at least you are improving that brands image, but why the disguise? It makes no sense.

• Like 3

Hmmm. If a stranger, I'd probably pity them for their bad childhood, having been raised to be a rude person. ;) Yeah, I'd also feel weirded out. My actual response would depend on how exactly they came across.

If a friend who'd genuinely want to help, because they knew that I wasn't happy with how I look and just lack the L$ to mend it, or am really incapable of finding stuff, or something, I'd definitely appreciate the gesture. I might accept and wear it if I liked what they gave me, but would still, as kindly as possible, tell them it's not my style, if I didn't. I wouldn't like them to spend time or money or both on things that I wouldn't wear or use, so I'd make that clear, but also make clear that I appreciate their kindness. Maybe suggest we go to a shopping event or two together, to learn what the other's style is, what they hate, and to generally spend some fun time together. I'm also open to trying out new things and styles, but by this point, I pretty much know what I like and don't like, and what works for me and what not, both in SL and RL, and the decision of whether the "better looking" avatar is actually better for me, to my eyes, is mine, and only mine.

Depending on the circumstances and how exactly I'd feel, I also might get petty and offer them a "superior looking" avatar, unsolicited. 😇

• Like 3

Yes, I've had a few experiences over the years with unwanted advice in this regard.

I've been out shopping and have had people message me to let me know that my avi was ugly. Fair enough. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I used to dress up and go to Frank's when I was single. I went for the atmosphere. I wouldn't dance, but stand or sit to the side and just enjoy the music. I had a woman whose avi had rather large proportions message me during one of the times I was sitting to let me know that my avi was unrealistically skinny and short. She rudely sat down on the same chair I was seated on. I stood up and didn't respond. She sent the message again calling me anorexic this time. I finally just typed in response that I would be sure to fix that because someone who didn't know how to properly proportion their own shape told me so. I felt so bad for saying that and would never normally point this out to anyone.

Another experience is when I was trying to find a sim to roleplay on. This random guy messaged me to let me know that he would never date a petite woman because he basically saw us as children. That response got a "That really sounds like a you problem I didn't need to know about." This one irked me because I'm really petite in rl too and have actually gotten this from men throughout my life. It's gross their mind goes that route. 😕

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

LoL

KjdE5Ph.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

LMAO I'm dying. What a line. I'd LOVE for someone to say that to me.

"Hey, your avatar isn't looking especially sexy, can I help with that?" Sure buddy have at it. I'll be right over.

Older look but still a hard favorite - I need to update it for my current heads.

I Have A Present For You

Ah dangit Maddy, it's raining. Go back to bed so I can go back to sleep will ya? It'll stop raining sooner if you stop staring at it and then you can go set fires.

...beams

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Haha 1

It's the mating call of the sugar daddy/mommy. There were a few that approached me and suggested I should use this or that mesh body or that I would look better in these dresses instead of those.

If they're just commenting, I thank them and move on. Usually rather amused by the prospect.

If they're paying, I let them. That way, I get more mesh bodies and clothes for photoshoots. Creators also get more sales. On top of that, LL made some money and someone spent a few hours in social company and got to see my avatar in the new purchase for a few minutes. The social part they could have had with a simple and friendly (I also accept interesting if friendly was not an option) hello but eh. Everyone walked away enriched.

If they're rude about it, they go the way of every rude person. Depending on my mood I befuddle them with kindness and stab them with words that sound nice at first and then take a few hours to blossom or I just toss them and move on.

Edited by ValKalAstra
  • Like 5

I had someone rudely comment on my elf ears on the kaya head I use. Did I tell them off?  I think I *might* have, I don't remember.  I remember being annoyed hearings "I know of a doctor that'll fix those ears for you."
Like, bruh. I like my ears. eff off.

If anyone was to comment on the rest of my av, they'd just hear "Unless your going to sink the lindens into making me fit YOUR standards, I don't want to hear your so-called advice."

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

I've been on the other end of this a lot- someone asks me what I think, then gets upset when I answer, unless I just type "ur sexy"

Yeah! I realized recently that greeting people and then immediately telling them they're sexy is basic SL etiquette haha. I still don't do it though haha

• Haha 1

I get the "You're too short and tiny" in places where everyone is a giant, while I'm out here trying to just be regular real-life size. With that, i also like my curves to be more realistic and not overly curvy. Nothing wrong with really curvy women but I am not that curvy and not big. Everyone loves the Kupra around me and always try to put me in a Kupra or an Ebody Reborn. I love my Legacy Petite, ok? It makes me feel more comfortable. I'm sorry I'm not some 6-foot amazon with huge mommy milkers and a butt the size of Queen Kong.

The only other thing get is that most people don't care about me when I have dark skin. If I'm pale, I get attention. If I'm chocolate, then no one wants to touch me, interact, speak to me unless a trans avatar or something similar. I swear if you slap on some huge meat and you're black like I am irl, that's getting noticed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I don’t mind advice or helpful tips with something I might have overlooked. Yet when it comes to a full makeover down to the shape those people want to create an avatar “they” would enjoying seeing. It’s interesting reading other users experience with this sort of thing but it’s a bit like build a bear but with people. Surrounding yourself in people who fit their beauty standards for both men and women. First it’s the look and then maybe other things. “Have you considered this”. A creepy version of “making friends” in the most literal sense.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.