Sailing pictures

Ina Fairport

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 1:13 PM, Ina Fairport said:

Thanks, I am glad you like it. Nobody seems to care.

There are people who care Ina. I love sailing and would love to have been able to do it for all the years since I did canoeing and sailing at school.
Funnily enough, I was at the Trudeau place yesterday demoing their sailing boats and they are beautiful.
I love the animation to balance the boat with your avatar.
I don't know about anyone else but sailing yesterday seemed extra difficult. Got dumped in the sea more times than I care to remember.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 1:22 AM, Johnny Giotto said:

I don't know about anyone else but sailing yesterday seemed extra difficult. Got dumped in the sea more times than I care to remember.

I had problems yesterday too. My passenger kept getting bumped off. I keep jamming up if I messed up and crossed to close to a corner.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I had problems yesterday too. My passenger kept getting bumped off. I keep jamming up if I messed up and crossed to close to a corner.

Exactly what I experienced Nalates.

I had been using SL and Firestorm viewers at same time with no issue. But... since yesterday, or the day before, every time I went out in a motor boat, after a few hundred yards, I lost control and ended up getting booted off.

Now running SL Viewer x2 and so far so good.

• Thanks 1

I can echo what's been said - I went for a fly over Blake this (early) morning, coming out of Norway, down the channel and so on. At first I thought it was my net being slow (as it can be this time of the year) which can cause crossings to be slow, or choppy, but these felt "stiff" as in I was coming to a near stop in spots, followed by an animation request from my plane.

However, after the fly, this morning, I went to Zippity, hopped in a boat,  headed north, and made a large circle around Bellisseria, and didn't encounter one single issue, or any kind of slow or stiff crossing. 

Now that I think of it, I went boating at Blake, the morning before (again early) on Wednesday,  which I knew my net was slower and I would probably encounter and issue or two (as in a slow crossing and such), but it was so bad I had to bail, which even when things are sluggish at my end, is rare.  

So there's definitely an issue around the Blake Sea, as for Bellisseria not so much. I'm curious and may have to check out Mowry Village, because how it used to be, when there were major crossing issues before, was if Blake had them, Mowry didn't and visa versa. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Giotto said:

Hi Ina, out of all the boats you have, which is the best for sailing?

That is not an easy question to answer. All my boats are good for sailing :)

I will mention two of my favourite boats

The Bandit Star Class. A small sailboat build after a RL boat. The Star Class has an autotrim mode for the sails. Very usefull for the novice sailor to understand the right trimming of the sails.
The boat has cuddle and adult animations

The Bandit 50/3.A big and luxurious cruiser. Very well build and sails great.

Both boats available at the Mesh Shop and demo's provided : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dutch%20Harbor/98/203/3002

Always read the notecard found in the package !

The Trudeau boats are great too. Very classic wooden boats.
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Trudeau%20Classic%20Yachts/208/49/22

I would advise you to buy a windcompass. It makes the understanding of the windangle much easier
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/WindCompass-BASIC/16031459

If you need help don't hesistate to ask

Fair winds :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I forgot a boat. The Quest 2M
Looks very basic but she sails as a dream.
I retextured mine and straight out of the box she looks a bit dull
Read the notecard carefully, the boat has some extra features in the script
In the years that I did a lot of racing it was my favourite boat. It seems to be a forgotten boat nowadays but it is still a great boat to sail.
The creator does not have a shop anymore. IM her when you are interested..  :  Qyv Inshan

Quest 2M.png

Edited by Ina Fairport
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ina Fairport said:

I forgot a boat. The Quest 2M
Looks very basic but she sails as a dream.
I retextured mine and straight out of the box she is plain white and looks a bit dull
Read the notecard carefully, the boat has some extra features in the script
In the years that I did a lot of racing it was my favourite boat. It seems to be a forgotten boat nowadays but it is still a great boat to sail.
The creator does not have a shop anymore. IM her when you are interested..  :  Qyv Inshan

Quest 2M.png

Will check that one too Ina, thanks again.

19 hours ago, Ina Fairport said:

That is not an easy question to answer. All my boats are good for sailing :)

I will mention two of my favourite boats

The Bandit Star Class. A small sailboat build after a RL boat. The Star Class has an autotrim mode for the sails. Very usefull for the novice sailor to understand the right trimming of the sails.
The boat has cuddle and adult animations

The Bandit 50/3.A big and luxurious cruiser. Very well build and sails great.

Both boats available at the Mesh Shop and demo's provided : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dutch%20Harbor/98/203/3002

Always read the notecard found in the package !

The Trudeau boats are great too. Very classic wooden boats.
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Trudeau%20Classic%20Yachts/208/49/22

I would advise you to buy a windcompass. It makes the understanding of the windangle much easier
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/WindCompass-BASIC/16031459

If you need help don't hesistate to ask

Fair winds :)

Hi Ina,

I chose the Bandit 50/3 to add to my BBX SLB A1, A2 and A5. The Bandit 50/3 is really great as it adds a vlot more realism to the sailing and keeps you pretty busy. 
I have to admit, the Trudeau boat that allows you to change your standing position to counter balance the boat was very impressive. I guess it is the immersion I am looking for :)
Thanks again for your advice.

1 hour ago, Johnny Giotto said:

Hi Ina,

I chose the Bandit 50/3 to add to my BBX SLB A1, A2 and A5. The Bandit 50/3 is really great as it adds a vlot more realism to the sailing and keeps you pretty busy. 
I have to admit, the Trudeau boat that allows you to change your standing position to counter balance the boat was very impressive. I guess it is the immersion I am looking for :)
Thanks again for your advice.

Congrats with your Bandit 50/3. It is a great cruiser for relaxed sailing.

Trudeau was the first one with the counter balance option many years ago
A  lot of other boats have it too now
When you are looking for realism and immersion you should demo the Star Class, the Bandit IF, the Laser one and the Flying Shadow.
And don't forget the iconic Flying Fizz, A hyper realistic racer. The creator left SL and her boat is now for free at the Tradewind Yacht Club  :   http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dex/137/51/25

But take care, before you know you have an inventory packed with sailboats..😜

13 minutes ago, Ina Fairport said:

Congrats with your Bandit 50/3. It is a great cruiser for relaxed sailing.

Trudeau was the first one with the counter balance option many years ago
A  lot of other boats have it too now
When you are looking for realism and immersion you should demo the Star Class, the Bandit IF, the Laser one and the Flying Shadow.
And don't forget the iconic Flying Fizz, A hyper realistic racer. The creator left SL and her boat is now for free at the Tradewind Yacht Club  :   http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dex/137/51/25

But take care, before you know you have an inventory packed with sailboats..😜

I am nearly there already Ina, with an inventory packed with boats :D Will be checking all those boats out. I might have tried the Bandit IF already and really liked it. I love the animations on the Bandits.

Completely different boats than mine.
I own a lot of Trudeaus and Bandits and a lot more

My first sailboat and the very first scripted sailboat in SL was the Tako . Bought it in 2007
I don't sail it anymore. Compared to the boats of today it is very basic.

tako.png

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ina Fairport said:

Completely different boats than mine.
I own a lot of Trudeaus and Bandits and a lot more

My first sailboat and the very first scripted sailboat in SL was the Tako . Bought it in 2007
I don't sail it anymore. Compared to the boats of today it is very basic.

tako.png

Yes, I had that one too. I discovered BBX before the Mesh Shop.

• Like 1