Sailing pictures

Ina Fairport

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 minutes ago, Ina Fairport said:

Trudeau 12 metre

Based on the real life 12 Metre class, the yachts that raced in the America’s Cup competition for nearly 30 years from the 1950s through the 1980s, the Trudeau 12 Metre is an accurate scale model of these celebrated boats.

Trudeau 12 metre.jpg

I love that you can shift your weight like that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ina Fairport said:

A Dutch historical vessel, the Schokker. Build by the René Marine shipyard
Notice the wooden "swords" at each side. The boat has a flat bottom and no keel
Very usefull on shallow tidal water. 

Schokker (2).jpg

I have seen these boats on the Veerse Meer in Zeeland and they are really nice.~
Talking about flat bottomed boats, they have one that takes you to the isle of Lundy, from Ilfracombe. I must have great sea legs as I have never suffered from sea sickness. This wasn't the same for nearly 100% of the other people on the boat. After a half hour of drinking and eating, I have never seen so many people throwing up. It was, without exaggeration, really difficult to find a spot on the boat where someone was not losing their lunch. I had to stand in front of one of those ship cowlings in the end.
Also, went on one of those long motorboats to see Puffins, off the Cornish coast, after a while they had to pass the sick bucket around to everyone, except me, I just passed it on. I should have, years ago, got a maritime job.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Johnny Giotto said:

I have seen these boats on the Veerse Meer in Zeeland and they are really nice.~
Talking about flat bottomed boats, they have one that takes you to the isle of Lundy, from Ilfracombe. I must have great sea legs as I have never suffered from sea sickness. This wasn't the same for nearly 100% of the other people on the boat. After a half hour of drinking and eating, I have never seen so many people throwing up. It was, without exaggeration, really difficult to find a spot on the boat where someone was not losing their lunch. I had to stand in front of one of those ship cowlings in the end.
Also, went on one of those long motorboats to see Puffins, off the Cornish coast, after a while they had to pass the sick bucket around to everyone, except me, I just passed it on. I should have, years ago, got a maritime job.

Zeeland is in the south. I live in Friesland all the way up north
Each summer there are races with flat bottomed boats.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Johnny Giotto said:

I was drooling watching that, thanks Ina :) Where do you get those Schokkers from?

René Underby is the builder and her SL (RL?) partner is the scripter

They don't have a shop anymore and the last login of René was January 2022
There is still a Marketplace shop but no Schokker there :   https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/38508
There is a Tjalk, also a flat bottom ship but it looks very basic. I don't know that one
I will IM René if the Schokker is still available and hopefully she still reads IM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ina Fairport said:

René Underby is the builder and her SL (RL?) partner is the scripter

They don't have a shop anymore and the last login of René was January 2022
There is still a Marketplace shop but no Schokker there :   https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/38508
There is a Tjalk, also a flat bottom ship but it looks very basic. I don't know that one
I will IM René if the Schokker is still available and hopefully she still reads IM.

Really appreciate that Ina :)

24 minutes ago, Ina Fairport said:

My latest buy. The Sjogin sailboat. Build after the RL Sjogin
A classic wooden workboat.
Very usefull as a daytrip mini cruiser or even a weekendcruiser when the weather is fine

The boat sails fine and pretty realistic as well.

Sjogin 1.png

Sjogin 2.png

That looks very cool.

1 minute ago, Ina Fairport said:

Let me guess...you are from Cornwall 😜

Oh I wish I was Ina. I am from Pimlico, London, right by the Thames.
When I was a kid we used to play on the Thames and it's banks. We were young and stupid.
Used to watch the tug boats and coal barges all afternoon from our balcony.
Been going to Cornwall for holidays for years. We are off to Padstow this year. We live in Eindhoven and as my Dutch wife says, it is the most boring city in The Netherlands. We would move to Cornwall in a heartbeat if we had the means.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.