I have no friends.

Tama Suki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sometimes you have people in your friendlist

But when you try to talk. It stop after the and you (without ? questionmark)

Then it is monolog.  then I realise that maybe I am muted or the other completly ignore me.

Real question  : how to be creative funny and not been boring ?

My answer : been boring is the best door to talk. Boring conversation is what most expect. If you try something new. It leads to silence.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:13 AM, Tama Suki said:

After years of absence, I returned and reset my SL.
Of all the people I had on the friendlist I only remember 8 and those I have kept.
Now is time to open myself to the world.
- I'm a grown man.
- I'm a punk, refined and spartan at the same time.
- I am an artist and SL is above all an artistic and philosophical experience for me.
- i like to laugh and joke.
- basically I have a troll spirit, but in the good sense of the word.
- I don't care about sex and politics here.
- I don't really like IM chatting, I prefer local chat and gestures.
If you like, add me to your friendlist and sometimes we meet.

Forget to add: I am a builder, very expert in Blender.

Ever think, it might not be them with the problem?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

From my own experience, friendships just like any relationship outside of your immediate family require quite a lot of sacrifice.  Often you have to try put yourself on equal footing with your friends when it comes to your own needs, and hope they reciprocate.  It can be a balancing act, which I am not very good with myself, and it may be lopsided a lot of the time.    With any luck, you will find someone who will give as much into the friendship as you do and there is an equilibrium met.  It really depends though, on what you have to offer others, for some people there is not very much sacrifice required at all as they possess something desirable for others, for others they must sacrifice more to maintain some friendships.  

Again, that is my own experience with friendships, and considering I haven't had any for a while I am a little rusty.  I am a bit selfish with my time, and activities, so friendships are not something I pursue anymore.

• Like 2

There were years that my friendlist had more than 100 names. But were they all "friends" ?  No, the majority were people that I happened to know...that is a huge difference for me.
Nowadays there are only 5 names on the list and only one is a friend. 
I am often alone in SL and that is ok. 

• Like 2

well, i have a friend's list and I have friends.  The friend's list is people I've interacted with in a positive way. 

Friends are people I have a reciprocal, ongoing, nurtured and active relationship with.  RECIPROCITY matters.

I'd say that I have maybe 5 or 6 close friends in SL (and that's fine. I don't think I have the energy to give a lot more than that real friendship.  I've met some of these people in person).  I have a lot of people I'm friendly with, some of whom I see fairly often (maybe 30?)  The rest are people I meet in passing and enjoy running into.  I don't think they consider me close friends and I do not consider them close friends... but it's nice to see them when I do.  No idea exactly how many of them there are, but it's a much larger number than the other two groups.  If I can help them when they need it, I do, and many of them have helped me in various ways over the time I've been in SL.  They all make my Second Life colourful and lively.  Occasionally, some of them drop off the list, while others become much closer.  I'm always meeting new people and that is fun even if they don't end up on my friend's list.

It's a lot like my real life, actually.  I know thousands of people. There have been times in my life when I routinely met several hundred new people every year. Most I barely remember meeting. I do have a few dozen people I know relatively well, and a handful that i consider close. 

I tend to avoid people I meet who are hostile, self-seeking, hurt others for sport, are overly ambitious (those who like to use others to get ahead) and those who are always negative, particularly those who want to talk about how miserable they are all the time and especially those who blame others for their miseries.   (this is different from people who are grieving or struggling with something, I'm talking about whiners and complainers who find a black cloud in every silver lining and think 'the world' or 'men' or 'women' or 'white people' or 'black people' or 'the government' or 'liberals' or 'conservatives' etc. are "out to get them".  Of course there's bad stuff in the world as well as bad people, but mostly, life is what WE CHOOSE to make it. Yes, even when stuff happens that we have no control over. 

Hint: we have control over NOTHING except our attitude and outlook.

So... friends... are people I can help.  People who help me.  People are fun to be around.  People who try to build me (and others around them up) People who share their expertise.  People who share their creativity and create joy with it. In second life, people who have helped me have often become good friends b/c the learning curve is high and I  have needed help... and I have also learned to pass that on to others.  You learn a lot about a person when you see that they're willing to give time an energy to help others.  Even when I haven't needed help, I've become friends with people who have volunteered to help others in second life or to run activities that make SL more fun.   I find these people are a pleasure to be around.

Life is too short to stick around unkind people who only take and never give. Life is too short to only take and never give - it's not much fun to just take or to be unkind, and it doesn't attract good people into your life.  It feels really good to make other people happy.  And people you make happy want to be around you.  Funny thing that.😎

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.