Deploy plan for the week commencing 24/01/22?

Aishagain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 825 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This puzzles me.  Last week on Tuesday Main Server regions were rolled to version 567269 and the following Wednesday RC channel regions were "bounced" but remaining on 567269 according to Caleb.

That would indicate that there would be nothing to promote to Main Server regions this week and all Main Server regions had a restart, so no restarts would be necessary.  Yet the automated announcement still stands on the Grid Status Page, a few hours before any roll would start.  Anyone planning any building or landscaping would be holding off, following recent issues of sim-states not being accurately saved.  For what?

I'm not naiive enough to expect any info on plans for the RC channels until at best later today but for the bulk of SL, surely we are due a little clarity?

Edited by Aishagain

I am from England.

Time zones come into it.

I have just seen the one-hour warning on Status.

I am from northern England, and while we usually have an ample supply of words for the responsible Lindens, most the wrong length to use for Wordle,, current British politics has led to much depletion of vocabulary. The Lindens should not feel pleased that they are competing with Boris Johnson.

Meanwhile, lurgi strikes Britain, but at least we don't have the blues...

You can't get the woad, you know.

• Haha 1

@arabellajonesYes well, that old walnut Timezones.  As another Brit I am well used to it.

Time and again we are reminded that timezones are a factor.  Anyone would think that any other time than Pacific or Eastern is irrelevant.

Should I accept that Linden Lab are incapable of forward planning?

I simply cannot believe that the rest of the world East of the USA are irrelevant to LL.

We are repeatedly subject to blindsiding due to our timezone.  Linden Lab and AWS may be American but SL is global.

Regions are staying down for a long while. The in-viewer map functions can be a bit laggy, but they're showing a very large percentage of the mainland Grid as down. And all continents. I know one region went down at 6:28 and is still down at 7:11

This could be a map problem. But concurrency has dropped below 26k, which is unusual, about twice the usual drop from the starting point.

This lack of sharing info would not bother me as much if I thought that the Server Team or the rest of LL had more than a vague idea of what they were doing.

It all looks more and more like "toggle it on and off until it seems to be working".

My RC parcel restarted first at 2022-01-26 at 9:09PM, before I logged in, and then while I was logged in but at another place I got a restart notice that it had done it again, at 2022-01-26 7:56 AM

Somebody mentioned the Goons in the general forum, I'm now humming "I'm walking backwards to Christmas"

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku

22 minutes ago, K9Mark said:

Whatever went wrong yesterday might be causing problems elsewhere. It was ok a few hours ago but now I can't invite people to my group or log in to the SH web site at all

Yeah, there seems to still be some issues! I had trouble getting Dashboard up for a while, and now that I can, it shows all my friends offline (though I'm in world and can clearly see they are online on my list there). 

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Yeah, there seems to still be some issues! I had trouble getting Dashboard up for a while, and now that I can, it shows all my friends offline (though I'm in world and can clearly see they are online on my list there). 

That happened to me too, but mine seems back to normal now

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 825 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.