Ad for selling Lindens. Is this ok?

Indy Melody

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was wondering if this ad for selling Lindens is ok. In the TOS is states: 

3.3. Linden Dollars may not be purchased or sold outside of the LindeX exchange.

Any purchase or sale of Linden Dollars through any means other than the LindeX is not permitted and is considered a violation of these Terms of Service which may result in suspension or termination of your Account.

I've seen other in-world machines for selling Lindens and wondered if it is now ok for selling Lindens this way.

5 answers to this question

• Administrators

Hey there!

I've gone ahead and made a slight edit to your post to remove the images pointing to this particular ad, since as mentioned before, such services are not permitted as per our Terms of Service.

L$ may only be purchased or sold through the LindeX, and Buying/Selling L$ through 3rd party services or through other Residents is a big no no.

If you do come across this behavior in Second Life, please feel free to file an Abuse Report so we can investigate further.

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Third party $L exchanges and in-world vendors used to be allowed, but they are not allowed any more. The ones you are seeing may just be non-working leftovers that someone forgot to remove, or they may be fraudulent. In either case, don't pay them any money.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Indy Melody said:

these items that are inworld that I AR'd but are still out. 

Once you have submitted an Abuse Report, your work is done. The Governance team may not act on your report immediately, or they may decide that there is no TOS violation. Either way, you will not know the outcome. Even if those vendors disappeared, you would not know whether LL removed them or the owner decided that he just didn't want them any more. You did your part; now you can move on and let LL do theirs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.