Looking for a Female Friend

RandyForeman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, RandyForeman said:

For a very long time, I've just been hitting clubs but have not made any friends for years.

Are any women out there looking for a consistent partner to dance with at music clubs? We don't need to get romantic, I'm just tired of dancing alone.

ehm how about a bit more than this below in the pic,  .. many people are convinced it will help at least a bit... ( search leaded to your profile)

835bf24aadc474b6ce0aed1b182d29bd.png

give something to see and read.. but there is totally nothing, empty... no pics, no picks, no groups, no feed, nothing than empty space,  how to know something to start a talk?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, RandyForeman said:

I recently returned to Second Life and this avvy is an alt after my original one had a disagreement with Linden Research.

Hope your original avi wasn't banned as that would be against TOS to create a new one.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RandyForeman said:

For a very long time, I've just been hitting clubs but have not made any friends for years.

Are any women out there looking for a consistent partner to dance with at music clubs? We don't need to get romantic, I'm just tired of dancing alone.

This my issue I have with asking for this on the forum.  Basically you are asking for anyone in SL to be a consistent dance partner for you without giving ANY information about you at all.  Why do I want to spend a significant amount of my time with you knowing zilch about you? Do you plan on even talking to this person? You don't even say what kind of music you like. 

My advice - go to clubs, IM people and ask them to dance. Get to know them and then ask if they are up for a consistent dance partner. Otherwise I predict you are in for a lot of friending and unfriending in your future.

Or do like I do. I dance with my alt. :) 

• Like 6

Seriously? you can't find a girl to dance with you?

why do you need a consistent dance partner? What if she is not on when you are on? Maybe something comes up in RL and she isnt there. Why not just find a girl to dance with? Fill out your profile, put in there you love to dance. Talk to girls dancing alone at clubs and ask if they woulf like to dance with you, if they say no ask someone else. It is possible that doing that you will find the consistent partner you are looking for. 

Edited by Ayeleeon
  • Like 6

Like others have mentioned already, I think the best things you can do are fill out your profile and actually go to clubs you like, to talk to girls already there and dancing. Your pool of applicants on here is very small compared to the people you'll actually find out in the wild, so to speak. And if you look for girls at clubs you like, you already know you both share at least some taste in music~ 🙂 Don't forget to be friendly in local chat as well, maybe establish yourself as a regular at a few venues and it'll be even easier to make friends and meet people who are also regularly online.

• Like 7

On 1/1/2022 at 9:51 PM, Rowan Amore said:

I hear there's this big wall of photos where you can pick up random females.  Could try there.  Seems a bit desperate but...whatever works, right?

That is an interesting place, in that it exists in SL, It is driven by the fact that lots of people use it. There are sections for men seeking women, men seeking men, and women seeking women as well. It seems a bit cumbersome to me though, why sort through hundreds of notecards when you can just go out and talk to people. But I guess everyone is different. 

• Like 1

To the OP ... Get a tux or at least a full suit with tie (Deadwool would be my suggestion), a decent looking avatar, and then get yourself to Franks Jazz or FOXXIES any night of the week. There are always a fair number of women available to dance with. We're the gorgeous ones in the amazing gowns waiting by the side of the dance floor for partners, especially if you're not looking to get romantic and just want some nice conversation and music.

Last night at Franks, for example, there were times when there were 5–6 women just waiting for a dance.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ayeleeon said:

That is an interesting place, in that it exists in SL, It is driven by the fact that lots of people use it. There are sections for men seeking women, men seeking men, and women seeking women as well. It seems a bit cumbersome to me though, why sort through hundreds of notecards when you can just go out and talk to people. But I guess everyone is different. 

I tried it once. Most of the cards I looked at were men that where 20-30 years younger than me.  I wish they would revamp those places to put them up with at least an age range. It really wouldn't be that hard to do. But it's SL and once something is done, everyone just follows it no matter if it works or not.

I gave up after about 20 NC's. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I tried it once. Most of the cards I looked at were men that where 20-30 years younger than me.  I wish they would revamp those places to put them up with at least an age range. It really wouldn't be that hard to do. But it's SL and once something is done, everyone just follows it no matter if it works or not.

I gave up after about 20 NC's. 

You have more patience than me I read 5 or 6. Not just age but time online. Either she was to young, into something I am not, or came online when I was asleep or at work. At least when you meet someone in world, you know they get online when you do.

• Like 4

On 12/31/2021 at 10:19 PM, RandyForeman said:

What's the main reason you go to music clubs?. I mean for meeting people, getting hooked up, chatting, other reason? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.