Looking For Traffic Promotions

Chelsea Malibu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've heard about 50 Linden Fridays and 60 Linden Sundays but do not have any contact information where I would love to get my store into the hunt. Also, does anyone know of a resrouce for that post these events or a contact of who I can talk to about getting invloved?

I am about to open my new, full sim store and wanted to push to promote it when I open.

I just went to find the Sixty Linden Weekends link for you, as I promote through that, but it seems to have closed enrollments for vendors atm...

http://world.secondlife.com/group/827f81ac-45ce-0afb-b585-74c23cb07f46

Other than that, I'd recommend taking note of what other stores are members of, and looking in the owners' groups to see what to join. You can always track down the group owners that way, and contact them.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

I don't like the idea of sales in SL, including 50L Fridays and such. To me, it would seem like a betrayal of customers who paid the full amount for an item not long before. That's the reason why I've never done anything along those lines.

I also dislike things like "everything at 10L" or "everything is free"  when a place is closing down. How could I face a person who paid the normal price one day and then found that the same item is free or 10L the next day? I wouldn't like to face them.

I completely agree. Merchants undermine their own brand by engaging in low ball activities. This is not to say that a merchants should always have high prices. A merchants should properly evaluate each product and the other factors that go into their business, set a price and leave it. If the market drastically changes, then you can make a price change.

But, I do see the value in attracting new customers with promotions like this. Soo, I would suggest creating special products for hunts and things like this, that are not part of your current line of products.

Phil Deakins wrote:

I don't like the idea of sales in SL, including 50L Fridays and such. To me, it would seem like a betrayal of customers who paid the full amount for an item not long before. That's the reason why I've never done anything along those lines.

I also dislike things like "everything at 10L" or "everything is free"  when a place is closing down. How could I face a person who paid the normal price one day and then found that the same item is free or 10L the next day? I wouldn't like to face them.

I agree completely Phil. That's why I have sales when something is released. I don't want anyone to ever regret paying the price that is on something, or wondering if they will feel foolish for not waiting for the price on something to go down.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.