a "how to" question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a way to "mute" someone on a forum. There is a person (on another forum)  that is posting pretty much the same complaint over and over on a given thread no matter what anyone else says. I am getting so tired of reading and rereading and then reading yet again his repeated complaint.

So I was wondering ...is there a way that I can specify for his posts NOT to show on my screen when I go to read forums?

9 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Is there a way to "mute" someone on a forum. There is a person (on another forum)  that is posting pretty much the same complaint over and over on a given thread no matter what anyone else says. I am getting so tired of reading and rereading and then reading yet again his repeated complaint.

So I was wondering ...is there a way that I can specify for his posts NOT to show on my screen when I go to read forums?

Yes, you mute someone on the forum by running your mouse over their profile photo and options will pop up on the screen. Choose "ignore". 

(It should be pretty much similarly done on other forums too - either "ignore" or "block" or "mute" will be your options.)

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

/me tests to see if it is possible to ignore oneself.

I'm almost sure there was a thread somewhere from a long time ago about what happens when you try to ignore yourself. But there are times when I wish the voices in my own head would just shut up and an ignore button would be very useful!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Link please. ☺️

What? 🤔

I like watching reading a good drama just as much as the next person.  🤫 🤭

13 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Link please. ☺️

What? 🤔

I like watching reading a good drama just as much as the next person.  🤫 🤭

sorry, my understanding is that it is against LL's rules to identify specific people by name who you have described as problematic or annoying. I just wanted to know how to block the person's name; I did not want to point others to the thread or single out the person.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

sorry, my understanding is that it is against LL's rules to identify specific people by name who you have described as problematic or annoying. I just wanted to know how to block the person's name; I did not want to point others to the thread or single out the person.

No problem. I was kidding more than anything. 

If it takes places outside of SL properties, LL has no jurisdiction. Meaning if it's not on this forum but on another, LL won't lift a finger because, legally, they would be in the wrong to do so. LL's been down this road before, more than once.

To clarify:

Disclosing private Second Life conversations

Sharing or posting a conversation inworld or in the Second Life forums without consent of all involved Residents is a violation of the Terms of Service.

NOTE: This does not include posting of chat to social media sites or other websites. Posting such logs on web pages, emailing them, or printing them out and posting them on utility poles in the "real world" -- are all actions beyond the scope of the Second Life Terms of Service. ; while that might be illegal, but those laws must be enforced by the proper law enforcement agencies.

"Conversation" means text that originally came from Second Life chat or Second Life instant messages. If it's totally unattributed, then it isn't considered disclosure. Additionally, Residents are not punished for sharing or posting a comment such as "Bob Resident said, 'You're the greatest!'"

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Residents'_privacy_rights

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.