Using BelliPin/BelliFind to locate Trick or Treat Candy Buckets

diamond Marchant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

24 minutes ago, AnitiriRonan said:

What I wanted was the names of the different parcels I know the themes of the different areas, just finding the areas is random. I'm slowly figuring out what the large map layouts match to.

I don't know if anyone has a full list of all of the different regions in each theme (as I said, there are over 2000 regions) or even a complete list of every region that has at least one bucket rezzed.

There is that list mentioned earlier that gives the SLURLs of many of the bucket locations.  That isn't necessarily a list of ALL buckets, just the ones that people have noted and added to the list.

I ended up lagging out crossing one of the borders... skimmed over three other sims and finally viewer quit. I had 11 candy in my bucket, when I relogged it was back to 4. The number from my original log in. Grrrr... now have to go find those seven houses again. Oh and there is no Slenderman at that location that I could see. There's a jack o lantern in the front, stacked inflatables and the monster escaping from the big pumpkin. I did find a completely different location that had a Slenderman on it. It was in one of the Log Home areas. (Candy count reinstated after clicking on another bucket.. the Slender House is very cool!)

Snapshot _ Protected Land, Alban Heights (196, 194, 32) - Moder.png

Edited by AnitiriRonan
adding photo of problem and correction
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, AnitiriRonan said:

I ended up lagging out crossing one of the borders... skimmed over three other sims and finally viewer quit. I had 11 candy in my bucket, when I relogged it was back to 4. The number from my original log in. Grrrr... now have to go find those seven houses again. Oh and there is no Slenderman at that location that I could see. There's a jack o lantern in the front, stacked inflatables and the monster escaping from the big pumpkin. I did find a completely different location that had a Slenderman on it. It was in one of the Log Home areas.

I think I read in another thread about the same, one who "lost" candy. When he added a new candy, the number was reset and he had all his candy back. Try that you too?

Edit: I have candy here, so you can try it fast and don't search.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Alban Heights/55/120/25

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AnitiriRonan said:

I ended up lagging out crossing one of the borders... skimmed over three other sims and finally viewer quit. I had 11 candy in my bucket, when I relogged it was back to 4. The number from my original log in. Grrrr... now have to go find those seven houses again. Oh and there is no Slenderman at that location that I could see. There's a jack o lantern in the front, stacked inflatables and the monster escaping from the big pumpkin. I did find a completely different location that had a Slenderman on it. It was in one of the Log Home areas. (Candy count reinstated after clicking on another bucket.. the Slender House is very cool!)

Somehow the wrong link got posted in before.  Go here and click the tall Slenderman standing in the doorway:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Esplin/137/20/38

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Somehow the wrong link got posted in before.  Go here and click the tall Slenderman standing in the doorway:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Esplin/137/20/38

Yeah I posted the wrong link,  sorry.  List was updated 30 mins ago:

7c39a46c61973a99acbb3f65ddbc49f0.png

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 2

Yep found him and already doubled my candy count. Lonnnnng list. Likely won't get to all of them but it's fun. Also figured out that if you like to walk up rather than landing on it or want to explore the neighborhood just put in the name of the area and the first coordinate then tp and walk around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I think I read in another thread about the same, one who "lost" candy. When he added a new candy, the number was reset and he had all his candy back. Try that you too?

Edit: I have candy here, so you can try it fast and don't search.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Alban Heights/55/120/25

Thanks for the link - When I'd logged back in yesterday my 14 pieces of candy had evaporated. Tried yours and was told (repeatedly) that I needed to wear the HUD. Duh... I've wasted enough time with this. 

trick.jpg

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Thanks for the link - When I'd logged back in yesterday my 14 pieces of candy had evaporated. Tried yours and was told (repeatedly) that I needed to wear the HUD. Duh... I've wasted enough time with this. 

trick.jpg

I got that message too when I was trying some days ago. Annoying. I don't remember if I got a candy after detaching and attaching the HUD several times. I will log in and see the number of candy given out. Maybe it's fixed if I rez another bucket.

Edit: Now I looked at the bucket. It is 106 candies given out, but I took it back and rezzed it again before I went to bed. It should not be any problems.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I got that message too when I was trying some days ago. Annoying. I don't remember if I got a candy after detaching and attaching the HUD several times. I will log in and see the number of candy given out. Maybe it's fixed if I rez another bucket.

Edit: Now I looked at the bucket. It is 106 candies given out, but I took it back and rezzed it again before I went to bed. It should not be any problems.

It worked this time! But I'm only up to 13 including yours and the ones in Dimanche, and should be at 20. So half of mine from yesterday just completely disappeared. Oh well.

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 2

I just went to Marianne's, and when I put the HUD on, all my candy was gone.  Just one piece, but still.  If I had 687 candies and then they'd poof, I'd be a bit miffed.  I at least got a new candy, from Marianne's, but no matter how many times I reattached the HUD I didn't get my full candy count back.  Oh well.

The way I understand it, the master count is kept remotely on a server and the huds are clients. The client count is updated in memory when you detach it. Depending on lag, the hud may or may not consider a logout the same as a detach.  If you crash or log out "uncleanly" while still wearing the hud, then when you log back in, it shows the last hud-saved amount and not your most current amount. The server knows the correct amount but hasnt had a chance to communicate this to your hud.

To get your hud to display the correct amount you need to

1. detach and reattach so it isnt stale

2. get the server to talk to it by registering a new data entry...e.g., click a pumpkin that gives you candy (not one of the ones who tells you that you already got candy from this pumpkin)

3. If the parcel you are on doesnt allow you to run scripts, you need to leave the parcel to enable scripts to run.

The safest way to assure your hud doesnt mess up is to detach it before you log off and then attach it when you first log back on.

Edited by Teresa Firelight
rephrase something
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.