Marketplace Sales Confirmation Emails delay for Gmail.

MeshPromo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, some of my marketplace sales confirmation emails delay from an hour to 12 hours. This is happened since weeks ago. I'm using a Gmail address.

This isn't a big issue for me so far, so I didn't send a ticket.

What I wonder is, as there is some issue going on, there might be more issues involved with this or this might turn into worse as happened a few months ago that preventing all the emails. So just posting here in case if this info is useful for LL tech staff.

• Thanks 1

I actually observed the last couple of days that some sales confirmation emails are not arriving in my inbox. It's a Gmail address too. Nothing under spam or such.
But i can not see them delayed, just completely missing when i compare with the orders report. Just got also an "out of stock listing unlisted" but no corresponding sales confirmation. Under reports the sale is visible.
I wait a little before filing a JIRA or a ticket, more info would be necessary, maybe other are also affected?

Mine have been sporadic as well. Eventually, they show up. In the past, there was virtually no lag between sale and email. I use icloud email btw, so it isn't just gmail. I don't think it is the email providers at all. Looks like it's an LL/Marketplace issue.

Looking at the transactions page, I see a ton of "Being Delivered" which I haven't seen in ages. https://gyazo.com/d99c3f0ce331ae3b449b4bb7b4837dbd

2 minutes ago, Arwen Serpente said:

Looking at the transactions page, I see a ton of "Being Delivered" which I haven't seen in ages. https://gyazo.com/d99c3f0ce331ae3b449b4bb7b4837dbd

I just checked the Transactions History in Merchants Home page, and mine also same. Some products are still being delivered. https://gyazo.com/60e8cd6f2621b9c2666636bbc552d146

60e8cd6f2621b9c2666636bbc552d146.png

Recently noticed some customers re deliver products and some made double purchases (I refunded them) now I realize the issue.

Problem is some new customers might never inform the issue so they simply not purchase any more. Hope LL fix this issue soon.

• Moderators

Greetings, All!

The Marketplace Sales Notification Emails are not sent by the system until the order itself moves to the Delivered Status and the sale itself is actually completed.  This means if an order is in the Being Delivered status due to any type of issue, including Billing Issues, there wont be a Notification Sent on the sale. 

The SL Grid Status Report does show that there was Billing Maintenance on October 7, 2021.  https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

If Marketplace Orders were delayed due to the Billing Maintenance, then the orders would show as Being Delivered and the Sales Notification Email wouldn't have been sent out until after the sale completed once the Billing Maintenance was completed AND any pending Marketplace Orders got caught up. 

If you are still seeing an unusual number of orders in the Being Delivery status that are not completing in a timely manner, and especially if you are seeing them while there is no Billing Maintenance indicated, please ensure that you create a Bug Report so that the Engineers can investigate the reports as quickly as possible.

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/8/2021 at 10:14 PM, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings, All!

The Marketplace Sales Notification Emails are not sent by the system until the order itself moves to the Delivered Status and the sale itself is actually completed.  This means if an order is in the Being Delivered status due to any type of issue, including Billing Issues, there wont be a Notification Sent on the sale. 

The SL Grid Status Report does show that there was Billing Maintenance on October 7, 2021.  https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

If Marketplace Orders were delayed due to the Billing Maintenance, then the orders would show as Being Delivered and the Sales Notification Email wouldn't have been sent out until after the sale completed once the Billing Maintenance was completed AND any pending Marketplace Orders got caught up. 

If you are still seeing an unusual number of orders in the Being Delivery status that are not completing in a timely manner, and especially if you are seeing them while there is no Billing Maintenance indicated, please ensure that you create a Bug Report so that the Engineers can investigate the reports as quickly as possible.

Thank you!

Thanks Dakota

I've also been noticing this problem for the last couple of weeks. I only picked it up because I was checking my caspervend sales page that also logs my MP sales. Several items were showing on that log which had not been notified to me through email. I investigated and sure enough "Being Delivered' was peppered through my "MP" Transaction history.

Now the odd thing is that one  buyer had purchased 3 items under the same order (not gifts) but I received an email notification for one of those items but the other two were hung in the ether until the following day when I got an email confirming all three.

As I write I currently have six orders just hanging in the air. My Casper console tells me  the sale has gone through but MP Transaction History says they are stuck in the 'being delivered' status. I suspect  if I contact the buyers direct they would advise me that they have already received the goods, because customers are generally quick of the mark to tell me when their items bought on MP have failed to arrive.

However - when I switch to viewing my orders under the "Reports" tab, the same Being Delivered items show as Delivered - but no email off course.

My conclusion the MP reporting tools are borked again.

On a side note isn't it kind of silly that on the MP transaction history page we are only able to view 11 lines at a time? and what is the point of having separate 'Orders' > Transaction History and "Reports" > Orders

I'd file a jira thingy or drop a line to support but I generally find both those routes to support clunky and confusing.

~ Elle

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2021 at 11:14 PM, Dakota Linden said:

I filed a JIRA now as the issue still continues to repeat independently from billing maintenance: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-231339

UPDATE: A fix is being tested and will be rolled out soon.

Edited by Samara Sharkfin
Update
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.