Misleading Profiles

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 11/17/2021 at 10:06 PM, victoravatar said:

They are just trying to describe themselves. :D

Not always, sometimes they are describing the person they want to be here. SL is a place you can be whoever you want to be. Unfortunately often people put in their profile who they want to be, but thier behavior is someone else.

• Like 3

I recently went to a beach club. All was normal, until suddenly a woman announced how rude it is for person X to block and accuse her of being an alt. What a petty drama. I looked at the profile of X, the person, who apparantly had nothing better to do than to start drama. Guess what her profile said? "Not here for drama". Hmm...

• Like 1

Whenever I see in someone's profile about how much they "hate drama", they're usually the ones who end up stirring the most *****.

I'm glad for people that have a pretentious or douchey tone in their profile; saves me the time and effort of finding it out through convos :v

On 10/8/2021 at 5:13 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

Notes... How many of you keep notes on those you meet? I do for those I spend more than ~5 minutes talking to.

I missed this the first time...I always wondered about that!

I've never written notes on people myself, but what things do you write? "Only tipped the DJ 5L...bit stingy!" or "Possibly an alt"? Or "Is nice and polite, but awful horse-style neko tail"? 

I need to know now 🙂

14 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I've never written notes on people myself, but what things do you write?

I've never written notes on anyone else's profile, but I put all sorts of stuff in my own profile and each of my alts' too.  I record UUIDs, interesting music streams, SLURLS to odd spots, and an occasional password or a channel number for an important script. It's sort of like writing crib notes on the back of my hand in middle school.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

I've never written notes on anyone else's profile, but I put all sorts of stuff in my own profile and each of my alts' too.  I record UUIDs, interesting music streams, SLURLS to odd spots, and an occasional password or a channel number for an important script. It's sort of like writing crib notes on the back of my hand in middle school.

Oh yes, I used to have lots of notecards with lots of great info like that! But I was badly organised so would have to spend ages clicking every "New notecard" to find what I was looking for 😬

24 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I missed this the first time...I always wondered about that!

I've never written notes on people myself, but what things do you write? "Only tipped the DJ 5L...bit stingy!" or "Possibly an alt"? Or "Is nice and polite, but awful horse-style neko tail"? 

I need to know now 🙂

Birthday and such or where they're from on the planet if it isn't in their profile.  Comes in handy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Birthday and such or where they're from on the planet if it isn't in their profile.  Comes in handy.

Ah OK...that makes sense!

In the UK, if you're keeping notes on someone...it normally means you're preparing a report to send to the council or police xD

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.