The Linden home thing

AnnHerrick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay I chose one, and clicked on "go to your home" and I am not getting there, nothing happens in my viewer, or in my browser so what's going on? How do I get to the home I just chose? Not liking this at all.  I can get a map with a button to visit the location, but that won't do anything either. There must be a way...

Edited by AnnHerrick

When you have been successful at getting a Linden Home, you should get an e-mail with the SLURL to your home.  Use that to go to your home.  You can also look in your dashboard at secondlife.com , under the heading Land Manager.  Your parcel will be listed there.  Click to get its location.

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

When you have been successful at getting a Linden Home, you should get an e-mail with the SLURL to your home.  Use that to go to your home.  You can also look in your dashboard at secondlife.com , under the heading Land Manager.  Your parcel will be listed there.  Click to get its location.

Well no email yet, I'll try the dashboard...ummm... it just takes me back to the map with the button that doesn't work. This is not going well.

Edited by AnnHerrick

4 minutes ago, Storii Darkheart said:

Where it says 'go to your home,' right click that and copy link. Paste that in your in world top address bar.

Tried that and it just gets me a black window with a couple yellow stripes in it. Nothing else. So, should I open a ticket?

Edited by AnnHerrick

Just now, AnnHerrick said:

Tried that and it just gets me a black window with a couple yellow stripes in it. Nothing else.

I'm not sure how that could be happening. If it's an incorrect link it will generally just tell you that you cannot teleport to that location.

696397927_ScreenShot2021-07-07at9_26_36AM.thumb.png.5ac542a2975bf8fd7d2a1016da1632da.png

can also right click the link I've surrounded in black and try the same thing.

4 minutes ago, Storii Darkheart said:

I'm not sure how that could be happening. If it's an incorrect link it will generally just tell you that you cannot teleport to that location.

696397927_ScreenShot2021-07-07at9_26_36AM.thumb.png.5ac542a2975bf8fd7d2a1016da1632da.png

can also right click the link I've surrounded in black and try the same thing.

Well I don't know, what I get for a link is:

https://land.secondlife.com/_img/my-container-green-bkgd.jpg

And that's not going to get me to my house. The button does nothing doesn't tell me I can't teleport, nothing. I'm lost here. Open to suggestions....

Edited by AnnHerrick

5 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

When you click on View On Map, what address does it give you?

None at all, just a map with two faces on it and a button that says "visit this location" that doesn't do anything at all.

Okay, I right clicked on that button and pasted it into my view, got into the house, and set home to there. Hopefully this is resolved now, but it sure was a tricky thing to get working.

Edited by AnnHerrick
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

a map with two faces on it

Maps don't have faces.  I have no idea what you are looking at. Scroll up and look at the image Storii posted ten minutes ago.  Click the View On Map button to get the SLURL to your home.  Or, as I suggested earlier, get it from the Land Manager on your dashboard.

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos. as always.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Well no email yet, I'll try the dashboard...ummm... it just takes me back to the map with the button that doesn't work. This is not going well.

yesterday was adviced to repair the slurl handling from the browser, if you didn't do that, all webbased slurls will fail.

1 minute ago, Storii Darkheart said:

Right click "Visit this location" and then paste that into the address bar at the top of your inworld viewer in the address bar. Thats how those work if your browser doesn't auto prompt to open your Second Life viewer automatically. 

Did that and it worked. Have the house now, set home to it and hopefully things will work smoothly now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

Maps don't have faces.  I have no idea what you are looking at. Scroll up and look at the image Storii posted ten minutes ago.  Click the View On Map button to get the SLURL to your home.  Or, as I suggested earlier, get it from the Land Manager on your dashboard.

if slurls dont work, be inworld / show owned land

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

I only quickly scanned previous responses so just ignore if it's been mentioned, but did you abandon your original Linden home of long ago?

I didn't have to, I lost it when my card got hacked and was replaced by my bank. I had to pay back premium fees, $99, to get my account back, and by then the house wasn't mine anymore.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Did that and it worked. Have the house now, set home to it and hopefully things will work smoothly now.

as long you don't repair the slurl file handler on your computer, slurls will stay a pain and need to copy paste everything inworld.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

HOORAY!   Congratulations, homeowner.

Thank you Rolig! It's a rather grand looking Victorian in a very nice neighborhood, and now I have to start decorating. I still have all the furnishings from the last house, but this is going to take some serious time. At least I won't be bored.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

as long you don't repair the slurl file handler on your computer, slurls will stay a pain and need to copy paste everything inworld.

Oh sweetie I have been away from SL for so long I have no clue what you are talking about, and now I have a house to decorate so I'm really buried in it all now.

Just now, AnnHerrick said:

Oh sweetie I have been away from SL for so long I have no clue what you are talking about, and now I have a house to decorate so I'm really buried in it all now.

you been not away for so long, your pre last activities were in  2020  where you also had a LH..
Everything about repairing the slurls got told, it's a free choice to let it for what it is.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.