The Linden home thing

AnnHerrick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

FireFox

In Firefox, goto Tools → Options → Applications Tab and scroll to Secondlife. Look to see if Firestorm is listed, if not, select “other”, then browse your hard drive to find the Firestorm.exe, click on it, select Open, then click Ok. (Reference: Applications panel—Set how Firefox handles different types of files.)

OR

Download and install the regular SL viewer - but don't run it.

the second method is what I used.  works for Firefox or Chrome.

There is no options under tools in my Firefox.

2 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Is there a way to see what Bellisseria homes are available there?

No.  That is a resident's group.  They provide a lot of helpful information, but if you want to see Victorian homes, start wandering in the Victorian regions to see how the moles have laid things out and what residents have been doing with their homes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Okay, well I'm at the Bellisseria headquarters, and there is no one there. Is there a way to see what Bellisseria homes are available there?

Nope - the SL Linden Home page is the only way, since it changes by the minute.

there is a Parade of Homes where residents have opened their homes to visitors, all decorated.  To get the parade of home notecard, you need to join the Bellisseria Citizens group.   secondlife:///app/group/f7b0c9d9-ab6d-30d1-e37f-52b2bb132074/about

Or find a join sign at the headquarters...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Nope - the SL Linden Home page is the only way, since it changes by the minute.

there is a Parade of Homes where residents have opened their homes to visitors, all decorated.  To get the parade of home notecard, you need to join the Bellisseria Citizens group.   secondlife:///app/group/f7b0c9d9-ab6d-30d1-e37f-52b2bb132074/about

Or find a join sign at the headquarters...

Okay, I've been away long enough I don't know how to use that link.

3 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

so try the second method.  Install SL Viewer but do not run.

Okay, this is all getting too complicated for me. I'm just going to keep reviewing the homes on offer and pick one from those.

6 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Copy it and paste it in Nearby chat

click on it and the group opens

then Join 

Then look in Notices, for the July Update List, which is an object as an attachment

Then Add the object from inventory, and it makes two notecard folders.  One is the parade of homes.

Nobody said SL was getting easier.  And the Lindens just collect money while the Moles build.  The rest is left up to the Belli residents.

Once you have joined the group, the Notices are sent to you.

Edited by Jaylinbridges

2 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Copy it and paste it in Nearby chat

click on it and the group opens

then Join 

Then look in Notices, for the July Update List, which is an object as an attachment

Then Add the object from inventory, and it makes two notecard folders.  One is the parade of homes.

Nobody said SL was getting easier.  And the Lindens just collect money while the Moles build.  The rest is left up to the Belli residents.

Okay, thank you very much. I would not have figured that out :)

4 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Just paste it into chat and hit ENTER.  You'll see a clickable link in your chat box.

There's a lot to learn, and it can be overwhelming if you try to take it all in at once, especially if you are expecting SL to work exactly the way it used to when you were here before.  Fortunately, there's a whole huge section of the forums devoted to Linden Homes where you can ask as much as you like.  You'll also find that loads of people have already asked the most common questions, so you can search easily. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

Just paste it into chat and hit ENTER.  You'll see a clickable link in your chat box.

There's a lot to learn, and it can be overwhelming if you try to take it all in at once, especially if you are expecting SL to work exactly the way it used to when you were here before.  Fortunately, there's a whole huge section of the forums devoted to Linden Homes where you can ask as much as you like.  You'll also find that loads of people have already asked the most common questions, so you can search easily. 

Thank you Rolig, you are certainly right about that, it's definitely overwhelming. This is going to take me a while I can see.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Okay, thank you very much. I would not have figured that out :)

Well that is about the most convoluted way to get a simple notecard I can think of.  When you get the group message attachment as an object in inventory, you Add it, you get a screen display, which you then have to click, and it makes a folder with two notecards.  This is what new features do to SL, make them confusing to oldsters and new alike.  We have peeps that think Mesh is easy and can't figure out system clothes or bodies too.  They screamed when BOM was added, It's toooo complicated.  Welcome to the new improved SL.

Edited by Jaylinbridges

2 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Thank you Rolig, you are certainly right about that, it's definitely overwhelming. This is going to take me a while I can see.

Try thinking of your first days back in SL like a visit to a RL city that you might have lived in 25 years ago.  The people you knew have moved on, many of the old neighborhoods have been renovated, trees have been cut down and new ones planted, and there are confusing signs everywhere.  So, do what I do.  Just let go and wander.  Explore stuff that looks interesting, strike up a conversation with a stranger, climb up on a high spot (if you can find one) to get a bird's eye view, and just have fun.  

BTW, while you are looking for ways to have fun, visit Java Sprockets at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Puffin Head/32/34/23 to get your free bicycle.  That's a gift specially designed for veteran SL residents who are returning and need a fun way to explore.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Well that is about the most convoluted way to get a simple notecard I can think of.  When you get the group message attachment as an object in inventory, you Add it, you get a screen display, which you then have to click, and it makes a folder with two notecards.  This is what new features do to SL, make them confusing to oldsters and new alike.  We have peeps that think Mesh is easy and can't figure out system clothes or bodies too.  They screamed when BOM was added, It's toooo complicated.  Welcome to the new improved SL.

Well I already had a mesh body, Maitreya Lara, and a Catwa head, so I'm covered there, and when I got back I still had L$21,312 in my account so I'm okay there too. Have a huge wardrobe and enough outfits for a tour group. Now I just need to get some new digs and redecorate. I've decided not to rush that. I see that Fogbound is as laggy as ever...

Edited by AnnHerrick
  • Like 2

LL is still offering the classic homes, so they have always homes available for new premiums.
When premium you have the right to get a Linden home. Not a Bellisseria one.
So as long as there is more demand than supply of Bellisseria homes, the classic ones stay available I guess.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, AnnHerrick said:

So I came back to SL after a long absence due to the exigencies of life, and had to get my premium account back, but now I've lost that Linden home and those on offer I'm not so keen on because of the low prim limit, 175 prims isn't much, and I have a lot of furnishings. Is there a way you can up the prim limit on those Linden homes?  I'd like to get a home in Belaseria (?) but I'm sure there are none available, so I'm left with the Linden homes on offer, unless anyone knows of other options. Suggestions?

Houses in Bellissaria (with the full 350 Prim limit) come available all the time.  I've in my fifth one since i joined SL just a few months ago.  You just have to check frequently and refresh frequently.  I am in a Houseboat now, but have had stilt house on land, stilt house on water, Victorian, Traditional and Log Home so far.  All were relatively easy to get.  And the trad, victorian and chalets come up very frequently.  The stilt homes, log homes and houseboats less so. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, TrishSummers said:

Houses in Bellissaria (with the full 350 Prim limit) come available all the time.  I've in my fifth one since i joined SL just a few months ago.  You just have to check frequently and refresh frequently.  I am in a Houseboat now, but have had stilt house on land, stilt house on water, Victorian, Traditional and Log Home so far.  All were relatively easy to get.  And the trad, victorian and chalets come up very frequently.  The stilt homes, log homes and houseboats less so. 

It seems to me like the Logs come up at least as often, if not more often, than Vics. I was refreshing the page most of today for an alt. Chalets and Campers were there all the time, Trads and Logs occasionally, I saw one Vic, no stilts or houseboats.

My guess on order of availability would be... Chalets, Campers, Trads, Logs, Vics, Stilts (Land), Stilts (Water), Stilts (Pier), Houseboats.  I've tried everything except Stilt on land, which somehow don't appeal to me. Which is odd really because I love Trad houses on sand/near the beach.  

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

It seems to me like the Logs come up at least as often, if not more often, than Vics. I was refreshing the page most of today for an alt. Chalets and Campers were there all the time, Trads and Logs occasionally, I saw one Vic, no stilts or houseboats.

My guess on order of availability would be... Chalets, Campers, Trads, Logs, Vics, Stilts (Land), Stilts (Water), Stilts (Pier), Houseboats.  I've tried everything except Stilt on land, which somehow don't appeal to me. Which is odd really because I love Trad houses on sand/near the beach.  

Didn't even know there were Stilt home on pier as an option.  Agree with you about the ones on Sand.  It just felt like a lot of indoor space to fill, and hard to do anything outside that fits aesthetically.  So i dumped it, and got one on water.  Which I liked - but then noticed my neighbour had some very, let's just say 'exotic furniture' - which put me off living there.  But then bagged a houeboat, which I have just moved into.

Edited by TrishSummers
typo
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Try thinking of your first days back in SL like a visit to a RL city that you might have lived in 25 years ago.

yes if it was that long, but she was having a new LH in 2020, (post history) it's all not that long, but it can be very deep burried in all things that happen in RL during a absence. And SL never took care to keep information bundled... it's really everywhere, blogs, posts, knowledgebase... well start to find it....
It's that the most forummers have a thought ..hey i seen that before... and dig it up.
And not everybody is addicted as us :) so the whole process of starting again might feel overwhelming.

• Like 3

So I'm still looking for Linden homes, not much to choose from. Before I went away I had one of those Meadowbrook Quads, but I'd rather not go back to that, only 175 prims.I'll keep checking through the day, but I'm still not sure how to find out when Belliseria homes become available, or where to even see them. I've been away too long it seems. Web search gets me nothing for Bellissaria. Cannot find it on the world map either. May just give up.

Edited by AnnHerrick

You can find out when Bellisseria homes become available by checking the claim your Linden Home page. That's the only place you'll see them available. If there isn't a theme that you like available in the list, wait for a while and try again. 

If you search Bellisseria on the map nothing will show up. The continent is called Bellisseria but the regions within all have their own names.

21 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Multiple people have put SLurls to locations in Bellisseria. That's how you can find it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Ann  --  Take a look at this thread

That's the basic set of instructions that many people use for playing the Game Of Homes to improve their chances at getting a Linden Home.

So the homes listed as Bellisseria, in the land thing are in Bellisseria? I can name one and get a Bellisseria home?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AnnHerrick said:

So the homes listed as Bellisseria, in the land thing are in Bellisseria? I can name one and get a Bellisseria home?

All of the new Linden Homes are on the new continent of Bellisseria and are in the Bellisseria Estate. That's where you should be looking.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.