The Linden home thing

AnnHerrick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I came back to SL after a long absence due to the exigencies of life, and had to get my premium account back, but now I've lost that Linden home and those on offer I'm not so keen on because of the low prim limit, 175 prims isn't much, and I have a lot of furnishings. Is there a way you can up the prim limit on those Linden homes?  I'd like to get a home in Belaseria (?) but I'm sure there are none available, so I'm left with the Linden homes on offer, unless anyone knows of other options. Suggestions?

• Like 1

For the classic, 512 plots you most certainly can do a bit with them. The catch is to not go too 'crazy' with decorating.

As for the larger 1024s on the new continent ..... Keep occasionally looking at the Homes on offer and something will eventually pop up.

Do remember as well that there are a few additional restrictions for the Vehicular Enthusiast regions (the entirety of the new continent), mostly concerning how you manage parcel access and keeping a "corridor" between certain altitudes if you choose to have a Skybox.

Edited by Solar Legion

Well thank you Solar, I shall keep looking and see what becomes available, I'm in no real rush about it, I'd just like to have my digs back. I put a lot of time and money into that house. I'd really like a 1024 plot if I can get it. Definitely do not want a skybox, or anything in a vehicular enthusiast region. A nice quiet country place would be ideal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnnHerrick said:

Well thank you Solar, I shall keep looking and see what becomes available, I'm in no real rush about it, I'd just like to have my digs back. I put a lot of time and money into that house. I'd really like a 1024 plot if I can get it. Definitely do not want a skybox, or anything in a vehicular enthusiast region. A nice quiet country place would be ideal.

No worries - glad to offer a bit of input.

"Vehicular Enthusiast" is my nicer way of naming the newer "Linden Homes" regions - a whole continent that was put together, offering 1024 LH plots with alterations to the covenant making air, water and road travel 'better' for those who wish to do so.

• Like 1

The old Linden homes are 175 prims because they are on a 512sqm parcel that prim limit can't and wont be increased. If you want Bellisseria keep an eye out on the homes page don't go for a caravan they are on 512sqm plots. Home themes come and go throughout they day, if you are after a specific theme such as "Stilt on water" you are better off getting the auto-refresh plug in for chrome tell it to find the specific theme you want set it to 80-90 sec refresh interval to avoid reach the 10 refreshes in 10 minutes time out when the theme you want comes up it will alert you if you are quick enough the home will be yours

• Like 1

Well I am looking at the Victorian homes now, of which there are several, but you cannot see pictures of the inside or tell which one you are choosing. They are 1024's, with a 315 prim limit, which is much better and I might go with the single story  one if I can be sure that's what I'm getting. It should be if it's the one in the window when I name it, shouldn't it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

The old Linden homes are 175 prims because they are on a 512sqm parcel that prim limit can't and wont be increased. If you want Bellisseria keep an eye out on the homes page don't go for a caravan they are on 512sqm plots. Home themes come and go throughout they day, if you are after a specific theme such as "Stilt on water" you are better off getting the auto-refresh plug in for chrome tell it to find the specific theme you want set it to 80-90 sec refresh interval to avoid reach the 10 refreshes in 10 minutes time out when the theme you want comes up it will alert you if you are quick enough the home will be yours

Well I don't use Chrome, I use Firefox, but I'll keep looking throughout the day, I'm off work for a bit so I can afford to take my time about it. I'd like to find a single story ranch style house if there is one somewhere on a 1024 parcel. I could buy some land I guess and just plop a house down on it, but I don't know how to go about that.

• Like 1

Well I am looking at the Victorian homes now, of which there are several, but you cannot see pictures of the inside or tell which one you are choosing. They are 1024's, with a 315 prim limit, which is much better and I might go with the single story  one if I can be sure that's what I'm getting. It should be if it's the one in the window when I name it, shouldn't it?

no matter what type home.. victorian/traditional/camper/stilt/log/boat/cabin .... all have a selection of homes within the theme on every parcel,
I'd advice you to start reading older posts at the dedicated Linden Home section.
You can go to Bellisseria and walk in the regions to see how people live and use it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Well I am looking at the Victorian homes now, of which there are several, but you cannot see pictures of the inside or tell which one you are choosing.

You choose the theme of home you are interested in owning (Traditional, Victorian, Chalet, Stilt, Camper ...) but you don't have to chose the particular style of home until you own a parcel in that theme.  You can change the style of the home on your parcel as often as you like, and can customize its color.  I suggest reading all the background information in the Knowledge Base so that you understand your options.  Pay special attention to the Bellisseria covenant so that you understand what Solar is referring to when he talks about vehicles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

You choose the theme of home you are interested in owning (Traditional, Victorian, Chalet, Stilt, Camper ...) but you don't have to chose the particular style of home until you own a parcel in that theme.  You can change the style of the home on your parcel as often as you like, and can customize its color.  I suggest reading all the background information in the Knowledge Base so that you understand your options.  Pay special attention to the Bellisseria covenant so that you understand what Solar is referring to when he talks about vehicles.

Ah! Thank you Rolig, that clears things quite a bit. So, if I choose that Victorian parcel home I can then choose the style, but I'm guessing I can't put a ranch style house on it, only Victorian. Do you know if Bellisseria homes come up much? I know they are highly regarded and pretty spiffy.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

I'm off work for a bit so I can afford to take my time about it. I'd like to find a single story ranch style house if there is one somewhere on a 1024 parcel.

You can find a lot of information at the Bellisseria Citizens Headquarters.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Morning Dew/141/82/54

As already mentioned, you can select the home style after you have rented the parcel.  Most theme areas have some one-story homes. The Log Houses are quiet backwoods area.  Only the campers are 512 parcels with 1/2 the prims, so don't choose those if you want more LI.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

You can find a lot of information at the Bellisseria Citizens Headquarters.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Morning Dew/141/82/54

As already mentioned, you can select the home style after you have rented the parcel.  Most theme areas have some one-story homes. The Log Houses are quiet backwoods area.

Went to that link, tried to go to the location while I'm in-world, but it won't take me there. I must be missing something...I've been away for a long time, it will take me some time to come back up to speed.

Edited by AnnHerrick

So, if I choose that Victorian parcel home I can then choose the style, but I'm guessing I can't put a ranch style house on it, only Victorian.

Exactly right.  That's what the mailbox in front of your home is for, choosing the specific style of home on your Victorian parcel.  You may choose the Doyle, Shelley, Hardy, or Verne style by simply clicking on the menu selection in the mailbox, but you cannot choose a traditional home or a stilt home, for example.  All Bellisserian neighborhoods are in theme.  Remember, of course, that you may also use your land impact allowance to modify your home's interior, to add on some types of external structures (within the theme) and to add landscaping to your parcel.

6 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Do you know if Bellisseria homes come up much? I know they are highly regarded and pretty spiffy.

They come up all the time.  People change homes a lot, especially as new themes are introduced (as one seems about ready to be released now, in fact).  If you watch and are patient, you will see a lot of turnover on any given day.  Follow the advice that Clairschen and others have given.

• Like 1

The link goes to a web map page, which should open if you're browser is set up right.  Then click on Visit This Location, and the Link to TP there appears in your Viewer. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Morning Dew/142/83/54

Bellisseria Citizens Headquarters, Morning Dew (141, 83, 54) to get there from the big map inworld.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaylinbridges said:

The link goes to a web map page, which should open if you're browser is set up right.  Then click on Visit This Location, and the Link to TP there appears in your Viewer. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Morning Dew/142/83/54

Bellisseria Citizens Headquarters, Morning Dew (141, 83, 54) to get there from the big map inworld.

Well the map appears alright, but when I click on 'visit this location" nothing appears in my viewer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Have you installed the regular SL viewer?  Sometimes that make the connection.  Or maybe Firefox is the problem. I use Chrome

Well I just went back to Firestorm because that was always my favorite, and I've been using Firefox for over a decade and I've no inclination to change.

• Like 1

FireFox

In Firefox, goto Tools → Options → Applications Tab and scroll to Secondlife. Look to see if Firestorm is listed, if not, select “other”, then browse your hard drive to find the Firestorm.exe, click on it, select Open, then click Ok. (Reference: Applications panel—Set how Firefox handles different types of files.)

OR

Download and install the regular SL viewer - but don't run it.

the second method is what I used.  works for Firefox or Chrome.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Possibly.  Just open your Map view, search for the Morning Dew region, and enter the 141, 82, 54 coordinates.

Okay, well I'm at the Bellisseria headquarters, and there is no one there. Is there a way to see what Bellisseria homes are available there?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.