"Unlisted due to banned text"

Yuukie Onmura

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So the marketplace just unlisted an item of mine which has been listed (and selling) for a few months now - "due to banned text".

And of course they let me f*ckn GUESS what piece of the longish description triggered the filter that makes european song birds into adult content...

Any advice?

1 hour ago, Yuukie Onmura said:

nope, my stuff is not birds - its just that the stuff you're thinking of is the most famous example for LL's word filter on the MP being full of sh*t, thats why i mentioned it.

Haha sorry! I should learn to read :)

You were quite clear!

6 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Or could be "Geisha" or "butt plug" ?

Those were my first thoughts too ... but the SLM returns 6917 results for "Geisha", 1234 results for "butt plug", 14 for "Harley Davidson".

Of the 14, most are keyword spam. 1 is a brave resident named HarleyDavidson, 1 is a rambling product description lamenting the requirement to remove the "Harley Davidson" logo.

The OP's lurid yellow butt plug appears to be still be listed just fine.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Those were my first thoughts too ... but the SLM returns 6917 results for "Geisha", 1234 results for "butt plug", 14 for "Harley Davidson".

Of the 14, most are keyword spam. 1 is a brave resident named HarleyDavidson, 1 is a rambling product description lamenting the requirement to remove the "Harley Davidson" logo.

The OP's lurid yellow butt plug appears to be still be listed just fine.

So Linden Labs is now going to use a butt plug as the official logo for the Marketplace.  Cuz they're both a pain in the ass.

• Haha 4

I don't know of we are allowed to discuss the list of words here so I'm being a little obtuse, but I can say the suggestions here about a popular brand name being on the list are probably 100% correct. They added some words and some extra gating to the banned words list and that is (Probably, there's that obtuse part again.) one of them.

One of my recently unlisted ads contained the words "Made from a bunch of old motorcycle parts...and the fender off a Harley Davidson Panhead." Removing the name fixed the issue, at east for that ad. Other ads had other words. I found 4 specific new 'banned' words myself.

It took me over a week to clean up the mess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Artorius Constantine said:

I don't know of we are allowed to discuss the list of words

They should be posted publicly so merchants aren't left in the dark when problems occur, not like it's possible to have a Linden who does know the secret magic words help out.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Artorius Constantine said:

Harley Davidson

I think the listing rules are pretty clear about no RL brand names unless you have permission (not likely). Why not make your own brand name, "Yerlah Nosdivad" perhaps :P

• Like 2

Had a very similar thing happen to me last year,  got two items removed because I used the word "Ford". Now a quick peek on MP will reveal lots of things either named Ford or with that word in the description,

So i contacted support and got a reply, turns out it wasn't that I couldn't use the word, it was that, supposedly, the word Ford had no relation to the product I was selling - that sounds like the issue here , because I'm guessing there's not a huge link between butt plugs and Harley Davidsons :D

Oh, by the way.. the products of mine that were supposedly unrelated to Ford  2 famous Ford paint liveries designed to be applied on a Ford Mustang car O.o

18 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

I think the listing rules are pretty clear about no RL brand names unless you have permission (not likely). Why not make your own brand name, "Yerlah Nosdivad" perhaps :P

Right? Yeah that one was easy to spot. Didn't really even need a brand name. I changed it to "... and an old Motorcycle fender". I didn't really care if that one got pulled anyway. Was an ancient avatar made of og prims that I should have retired 6 or 7 years ago. Don't think I've even sold one in years.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

hello all:

i am having the same issue, in this month, july 2021, ll is unlisting me more than 15 items, my store is a bdsm art gallery and all the items are signed as adult, can understand why they are unlisting me those items, where can i ask or what can i do, how can i find the banned words? would thank any help

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah.. when it comes to keywords at least,  I really don't understand why they can't just remove the offending keywords instead of unlisting the entire thing. It's a big unnecessary headache tbh... just.. remove them and send us an email to let us know...  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.