How Does Your SL Look Today?

I'm skiing today!  

image.thumb.jpeg.46ba3f23bcfe1d8cf205769a4676e556.jpeg

Climbing the lift, my virtual friend Kylie is hanging with me for the ride.  She is very polite to the lift, always excited to chip in with conversations to the vocal objects of SL. 

lift.png.78b75371c2ec108253740e3d28e27f1f.png

Snapshot_056.thumb.jpg.97828fdd8d2ae84cd37fe4335a493351.jpg

This is my first time skiing here, it is pretty fun actually.  Kylie wants to represent France

Screenshot2024-08-05024327.jpg.5f2b27a9e1bfb11c0b18bfbb6cf98e2e.jpg

France, USA, I don't care 😋  I'm here to win!

Snapshot_057.thumb.jpg.55f8632bc2cf0ec5942b39d0c928c986.jpg

We are off, I kind of wish I grabbed the skis, but hey, just imagine them in there!

I ended up on my behind, but it was fun.  I'm much better at skifree, I can avoid the hungry monster most of the time 🙃

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 10

So, I had fun Skiing.  In real life, there is a hurricane swirling around in Florida, and it seems to be tradition to go to a Waffle House, in fact there is an entire hurricane rating based upon if the Waffle house is open or not.

It is known as the "Waffle House Index"  no joke, it is pretty accurate and funny.

Anywho, considering the wind, the rain and other factors (rum 😋) plus the nearest Waffle House from me is about half an hour away, I decided to go to one in SL

Snapshot_059.thumb.jpg.98874d021e30db147d4f3afd33231655.jpg

It is open, we are at index green of the Waffle house :P

Snapshot_060.thumb.jpg.4540bc5440ac849323cef518bd593179.jpg

I'm looking forward to my Omelet, grits (sugar and butter thank you), OJ, and slices of bread 🤤

Snapshot_062.thumb.jpg.5691a6af39499b112a579fdb740caf94.jpg

Well now, this is realism at its height!  A fight has broken out in the Waffle House!  

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

I have been sooooooo good recently, that I decided to treat myself to a new vintage dress by Sigma (a creator I haven't run across before).

The textures are very nice, but interestingly the HUD allows you to load either PBR or BP ones. What I'm not clear about is whether one replaces the other, or if they both coexist. I'll have to check that out in a non-PBR viewer. (This is taken with the PBR textures, on a PBR viewer).

NewVintageDressBlank.thumb.png.a01949e42a0c30a644bda4a0320ef2da.png

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Well now, this is realism at its height!  A fight has broken out in the Waffle House! 

Were you the Damsel in Distress in this scenario?

Or the Evil Morgana Who Bewitched Them into Fighting?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, ananoelle said:

Can we be friends🤩 me likes rum lol 

/me pours everyone a rum and cola 🥂

I love them, almost as much as long island iced teas 🤤 I have a lot left, I poured myself a big cup about two hours ago and have slowly been sipping away at it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I've discovered that Teegle people HATE Waterhorse people

Really? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Although I'm def in the teegle camp if anyone asked me which to buy. The animations the teegle horses even while just "idling" are so accurate!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, I told my curator that I'd be coming to my opening later today in something a little "edgy."

Dunno. Too much? Not edgy enough?

(I don't think I am naturally very "edgy." 🙁)

ForumPreviewBlank.thumb.png.59304ade40388a1aa36e87edf155d7d6.png

I showed Caitlin this pic. She loves your dress!!! Where did you get it? She wants it too!!

Edited by SandorWren
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Although I'm def in the teegle camp if anyone asked me which to buy. The animations the teegle horses even while just "idling" are so accurate!

I was surprised to see Water Horse had released some new stuff, I thought they'd called quits. I've got two avies decked out with Teegle though, and I felt there was some features 'missing' (and also a few bugs whilst demoing), so I passed. 

Might grab one if I ever find me a sugar mum, though! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, I told my curator that I'd be coming to my opening later today in something a little "edgy."

Dunno. Too much? Not edgy enough?

(I don't think I am naturally very "edgy." 🙁)

ForumPreviewBlank.thumb.png.59304ade40388a1aa36e87edf155d7d6.png

Business on top, fun at the bottom lol

*leaves the room*

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SandorWren said:

I showed Caitlin this pic. She loves your dress!!! Where did you get it? She wants it too!!

The dress is David Heather. They make some very stylish things, although on the whole I actually think they do menswear better than clothing for women.

The scarf, which is separate, is Gulabi. It's one of my fave accessories, and comes with a really extensive colour HUD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The dress is David Heather. They make some very stylish things, although on the whole I actually think they do menswear better than clothing for women.

The scarf, which is separate, is Gulabi. It's one of my fave accessories, and comes with a really extensive colour HUD.

Thanks!! I'm online with her right now, and I sent her the link to your post!!!

• Like 1

Re-re-re-learning Blender for the umptieth time. I decided I wanted to make a window .. A fairly simple process, which I of course complicated the heck out of for no good reason. Slapped on some materials to see how it ended up and it's almost decent .. Except when I searched for 'lead window pane' I didn't necessarily want a rainbow cross design (which was promptly inverted, just because!). But it'll do for testing. Also the sprays may not be entirely in the middle of the thing as I may have kind of sort of gotten a measurement wrong. Ohwell. Window!

https://i.gyazo.com/c78d9012795daa66899b053e6353d726.mp4

Now to .. Add it to my pile of half-finished projects I may or may not return to finish when I can be bothered to. I hope it'll be soon though, it's a little drafty in my home after I knocked out a window (before realising it wasn't the same size and therefor wouldn't fit the hole in the wall anyway, gah!). Also as I looked a little closer I found some normals that were flipped the wrong way. Because you can't make a mesh object without mucking that up, 'cause,

tevye-tradition.gif

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

I went to see Scylla's exhibit today. I took a whole bunch of pics, but most of them turned out really bad. I was having a nice conversation with Scylla, so I wasn't focused on taking pics.Plus, I didn't really know anyone.

Scylla's exhibit.jpg

DJ.jpg

Scylla.jpg

Scyllas and DJ.jpg

Weird.jpg

Someone dancing.jpg

Scylla Eyes looking to her left.jpg

Edited by SandorWren
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Could you tell me the exact items? Caitlin won't remove my "cage" until I find out!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SandorWren said:

I went to see Scylla's exhibit today. I took a whole bunch of pics, but most of them turned out really bad. I was having a nice conversation with Scylla, so I wasn't focused on t

This last one looks to me like Scylla is smirking as she looks at me, and saying: " Sandor what ARE you doing...Stop that!"!!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Lol

Maybe . . . 🙃

Pleeeezzz???...Pretty pleeeezzz... With sugar on top???

Edited by SandorWren
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Orwar said:

Might grab one if I ever find me a sugar mum, though! 

I am a mum. If I dipped myself in sugar and hid so you could find me would you buy a teegle then? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SandorWren said:

Pleeeezzz???...Pretty pleeeezzz... With sugar on top???

Ok, the dress is Lau by David Heather / Gianni Brodi. It doesn't seem to be on their MP page, so you'll have to go to the store.

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/David Heather/99/150/23

The scarf is Gulabi Arya. Here's the link to the FP

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Gulabi-Arya-Scarf-COMBO-PACK/15599831

I should note that both of these are relatively "older" items, so the only body it's rigged for that Caitlin might be wearing is (old) Maitreya.

The scarf is amazing. I have it in a FP. The David Heather is great too, but, honestly, check out their men's wear. They make some really great stuff for men.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, SandorWren said:

I went to see Scylla's exhibit today. I took a whole bunch of pics, but most of them turned out really bad. I was having a nice conversation with Scylla, so I wasn't focused on taking pics.Plus, I didn't really know anyone.

Scylla's exhibit.jpg

DJ.jpg

Scylla.jpg

Scyllas and DJ.jpg

Weird.jpg

Someone dancing.jpg

I think these are great shots, esp. the two of Livio (the DJ).

It was lovely that you showed up. And also others from here, old and new: @Zrina Nebula, @Ivanova Shostakovich and
@GoSpeed Racer! Am I missing others? I know there were a few others who tried but couldn't get in . . . Maddy kept threatening, but couldn't manage it. I do really love how supportive people here are! (Except Maddy who only wanted to come so that she could mock me mercilessly.)

So thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4