How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

7 minutes ago, Island Granville said:

Older the better for all things musical. Resonance over years aligns molecules and improves tone of those very special vintage instruments. That includes 40yr old drums!

Luckily musicians aren't physicists, so...

These are Tama Swingstars. They are made of blend of of some kind of resin with wood chips. That's why they survived for so long. They were in very humid conditions for months at a time.They don't sound as good as ones made of pure wood, but they certainly can survive a lot longer, and have their own unique sound. I like them, and I like the sound. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

These are Tama Swingstars. They are made of blend of of some kind of resin with wood chips. That's why they survived for so long. They were in very humid conditions for months at a time.They don't sound as good as ones made of pure wood, but they certainly can survive a lot longer, and have their own unique sound. I like them, and I like the sound. 

Love Swingstars!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

And re: the clarinet discussion above, Buffet had a "Green line" R13 (R13 is the good kind) in the 90's that was essentially your Swingstars - grenadilla wood chips mashed up with resin and formed into the shape of a clarinet. they were super inexpensive and, imo (& others too), really really nice clarinets! they had resonance, which you don't get from any kind of plastic instrument, but they weren't stupid expensive either.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Cinny and Sandor Christmas Sandor.png

/me tucks the photo into a folder, and picks up the phone.

"Ms. Mistwood? Hi, it's Scylla Rhiadra from the Daily Blab. . . .

. . . No, no, it's not about the Page 3 Girl, although if you're interested, I can have someone call you. No, I had a few questions I wanted to ask you before we go public with a story . . . just to clarify and get verification or reaction. Do you have a few minutes?"

/me opens her notebook and licks the tip of her pencil.

• Haha 11

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

/me tucks the photo into a folder, and picks up the phone.

"Ms. Mistwood? Hi, it's Scylla Rhiadra from the Daily Blab. . . .

. . . No, no, it's not about the Page 3 Girl, although if you're interested, I can have someone call you. No, I had a few questions I wanted to ask you before we go public with a story . . . just to clarify and get verification or reaction. Do you have a few minutes?"

/me opens her notebook and licks the tip of her pencil.

Cinny, we'll have to make a run for it, before the paparazzi  catches up!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've been getting back into Cyberpunk 2077 as of late, so I have been in that frame of mind.

Snapshot_228.thumb.png.7c6ff7a52da114f7647f772b3d693e92.png

Picture taken from FireStorm, no edits just how great of a place HillVale makes for pictures.  Senra Avatar and head, BareRose outfit.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Thorny Nook/243/128/3013

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I finally got around to putting a cozy reading nook in the cave at my Blake Sea landing.  Tiggie loves it but I had forgotten how BIG the space is; I really need another house here!

image.thumb.jpeg.35e81cb905e8d564f31ee234af9a68e8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e2877ca8170733500c5c29d1395eba46.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5d5192d64028e622ddfdb99bf90ff00d.jpeg

That's my style of furniture what pillow is mine?  😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Island Granville said:

Older the better for all things musical. Resonance over years aligns molecules and improves tone of those very special vintage instruments. That includes 40yr old drums!

Luckily musicians aren't physicists, so...

This resonance over years seems to aligns molecules and improves tone of those very special vintage people too.

• Like 5