How Does Your SL Look Today?

27 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Like Luna, I celebrated Hallowe'en today with my coven of witches.

Our sacrament is fire.

Burn your village.

Hello there WitchyWoman :)

“Wiccan" means femininity, a soul of power, she who knows the magic words, she who heals, she who knows her power and uses it. Wiccans are free-spirited and strong women without age. Wiccan is someone who can change consciousness at will... someone who creates what is not apparently in stories but truly arises from them-- from all the hardships she faced as she wandered around the earth.

Wicca is the unsung songs within us, the secrets of our soul which otherwise may be left unspoken. Of all the arts forms, Wicca is the most personal.

At the WestWytch celebration on the Satori sim:

Oct 29 westwytch_002 Resized.png

• Like 7

I will be in SL on All Hallows Eve, reciting this poem, when the veil between the worlds is the thinnest.

“Lady of the silver moon
Enchantress of the night
Protect me and mine within this circle fairly cast.
Earth Mother, mother of the sleeping earth,
Keep safe all who gather here
Within the protective shelter of your arms.

By the earth that is Her body,
By the air that is Her breath,
By the fire that is Her bright spirit,
And by the living waters of Her womb,
Our circle is cast,
None shall come to harm here,
From any forces,
On any level.

As we will,
So shall it be done.
As we will,
So mote it be.”
Madelyn Alt, A Charmed Death

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Hello there WitchyWoman :)

“Wiccan" means femininity, a soul of power, she who knows the magic words, she who heals, she who knows her power and uses it. Wiccans are free-spirited and strong women without age. Wiccan is someone who can change consciousness at will... someone who creates what is not apparently in stories but truly arises from them-- from all the hardships she faced as she wandered around the earth.

Wicca is the unsung songs within us, the secrets of our soul which otherwise may be left unspoken. Of all the arts forms, Wicca is the most personal.

At the WestWytch celebration on the Satori sim:

Oct 29 westwytch_002 Resized.png

This is all good! I can't imagine anyone object to any of this!

My own approach to this is a bit different, though, and admittedly less positive.

Still empowering, though.

Nurse, sinner, virgin, b*tch
I am the, I am the vengeful daughter of the witch
Touch me again and I'll cut off your hand
There are some things you'll never understand
You do not dance everyday with the fear
Of living in headlights the hunted the deer

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

Slow rez day yesterday!

That brings up a question I have wanted to ask but did not know where to ask it.  I have noticed some slow rezzing recently as I dance on the danceline at Fogbound.  I know the place is crowded but I am only looking at the 8 to 12 dancers on the line and yet last weekend one of them took a full half hour to fully rezz and the DJ never did rezz, even after two hours.  I have the little "What Is She Wearing" HUD attached so I could tell that the DJ did have clothing and a head and body on but they did not rezz, only her base body showed.  Tried dropping my draw distance to 32m and dropping my complexity setting all the way down but got no help from either maneuver.  Is this a texture thing?  Out of my control?  A mystery of the universe??  Any insight would be much appreciated!  🤗

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

That brings up a question I have wanted to ask but did not know where to ask it.  I have noticed some slow rezzing recently as I dance on the danceline at Fogbound.  I know the place is crowded but I am only looking at the 8 to 12 dancers on the line and yet last weekend one of them took a full half hour to fully rezz and the DJ never did rezz, even after two hours.  I have the little "What Is She Wearing" HUD attached so I could tell that the DJ did have clothing and a head and body on but they did not rezz, only her base body showed.  Tried dropping my draw distance to 32m and dropping my complexity setting all the way down but got no help from either maneuver.  Is this a texture thing?  Out of my control?  A mystery of the universe??  Any insight would be much appreciated!  🤗

It's been slow to rez everywhere from what I noticed. Our Island is usually fast, but it's been slow even there recently. Cat mentioned that last night too.

• Like 4

How does my SL look today? So much better than yesterday! Let me explain...

When I joined SL in 2006, I was based out of the Waterhead welcome area, my first default home after leaving orientation. I spent a memorable few weeks in the neighbourhood, and became really familiar with the area within a flying distance of a few sims in any direction. Waterhead was crowded in those days - to me it was the centre of the universe, and that sentiment has remained in my heart through the years.

Today I bought an island in Maryport, satisfying both a 17 year itch to own land near Waterhead, and a more recent desire to live on an actual LL created island. I do buy and sell land now and then, but my motivation with this one was personal - I think I'll hang on to it for a while. I carry a vision for an island this size, but that can wait - this place is too nice as is! The landscaping and decor are some of the best I have seen on a parcel this size, so I'll maintain it in its current state... for now. Nothing SL is forever :)

Feel free to visit and enjoy. I'm shy-av friendly, but will happily engage with you as well if you want.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Maryport/18/233/46

Maryport_001.thumb.png.79a55edff5517efd08b861a74c556b67.png

Maryport_002.thumb.png.0d4b2c01720f0b9165851b0c1b3d390a.png

Maryport_003.thumb.png.74dab8f5c89b59c7a86f99e23a10bba5.png

Maryport_004.thumb.png.69904574aa503bc7d7c828446ad61d44.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I am not allowed to wear men's clothing until Caitlin says so.

Cat and me in women's clothing.png

Now your outfit makes me wonder if you attended (or will attend the upcoming ) Rocky Horror Presentation at Sarabande Theatre?  The shows start at 11 AM but go early to Rez and get good seats, if you’re not familiar with Sarabande Theatre 🎭 @Bagnu

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2