Bad Neighbor - Does This Type of Thing Happen Often?

theesasha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had a neighbor a few months back has these big rock cliffs on their rented parcel I had just got done getting my parcel perfect which took me awhile to do and the next he somehow managed to mess it all up over night. I found a friend who has a full sim we are using for all of our stuff and I am glad to be having more room and less of a hassle with pesky neighbors. In a month my rental on the rented parcel will be up by then the full sim I am using with a friend will be up and running :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2021 at 11:51 AM, xxVi3perxx said:

I had a neighbor a few months back has these big rock cliffs on their rented parcel I had just got done getting my parcel perfect which took me awhile to do and the next he somehow managed to mess it all up over night.

A lot of the giant rocks have a 'box' for the space they're in that is actually larger than one sees on the screen.

They point in this is that you can very often return them when they border your land as they are often actually notably over your land even when they appear to be inside the other parcel.

And if the person rezzing it is renting their land - contact their landlord. You can note that one of the people in this forum complaining about this stuff is Prok - Prok isn't alone in being a landlord that hates this stuff - it chases their tenants away. I imagine half the landlords out there would remove the stuff, the other half are the ones rezzing it... it's always worth trying to find out which type of landlord owns the rental spot.

27 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

A lot of the giant rocks have a 'box' for the space they're in that is actually larger than one sees on the screen.

They point in this is that you can very often return them when they border your land as they are often actually notably over your land even when they appear to be inside the other parcel.

And if the person rezzing it is renting their land - contact their landlord. You can note that one of the people in this forum complaining about this stuff is Prok - Prok isn't alone in being a landlord that hates this stuff - it chases their tenants away. I imagine half the landlords out there would remove the stuff, the other half are the ones rezzing it... it's always worth trying to find out which type of landlord owns the rental spot.

I don't get why people return objects ( bound boxes ) that not visible, don't take any prims from your land, or affect you in anyway!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

I don't get why people return objects ( bound boxes ) that not visible, don't take any prims from your land, or affect you in anyway!!

because they cán.
And the neighbour has to keep their items withing the borders... affecting or not.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

Because they have nothing better to do but nit pick and look for ways to spoil things for others when something like this makes no hardship whatsoever. You have to be bored to look and care about small things like this. On my mainland plot I love when a neighbour has nice trees overhanging without stealing prims. It looks natural however something like a huge wall or floating junk in the sky I can understand the need to get them removed. If something does not steal your prims, is invisible and phantom, who cares?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

because they cán.
And the neighbour has to keep their items withing the borders... affecting or not.

They're just being nasty and pathetic.
No one want/like to encroach on someone else's land and risk their objects get returned!
Some objects have a huge bounding boxes, that can't be inside your parcel, no matter what you do, and how hard you try to keep it in your borders.
You think you're not encroaching on your neighbor's land? Enable developer menu, render Metadata and check on bounding boxes, if none of the objects you have; has a huge bounding box then you're lucky, but if you see a huge bounding box encroaching on your neighbor's land and it didn't get returned then you have a good neighbor.

Examples for bounding boxes:

Webp.net-resizeimage(44).thumb.jpg.345161537e7114305d164b929561e9e2.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(43).thumb.jpg.3e2b7cf8ce657a66ec3e9a2f66dee7e1.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(45).thumb.jpg.3c137c45e5b1d953b820f99f4766882f.jpg

15 hours ago, Dune Ravenhurst said:

Because they have nothing better to do but nit pick and look for ways to spoil things for others when something like this makes no hardship whatsoever. You have to be bored to look and care about small things like this. On my mainland plot I love when a neighbour has nice trees overhanging without stealing prims. It looks natural however something like a huge wall or floating junk in the sky I can understand the need to get them removed. If something does not steal your prims, is invisible and phantom, who cares?

Exactly, I agree with every single word.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 2:53 PM, SarahThe Wanderer said:

In this case - if someone is rezzing a giant ugly wall ruing the view of a whole region - it's a way to be rid of that thing.

7 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

In this case - if someone is rezzing a giant ugly wall ruing the view of a whole region - it's a way to be rid of that thing.

Yes, if it's ugly and ruining the view, you absolutely have every right to return it, that's not the case I meant.

I get your point now; and Viper was talking about a huge wall blocking their view, I thought the neighbor returned their landscape, don't mind my rushed comment 🙃

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

You think you're not encroaching on your neighbor's land?

Examples for bounding boxes:

to the first.. it's your opinion, not a fact, while... because they cán return it, is a fact, and you have to stay withing borders is also a fact. That some don't mind it.. doesn't change that.

the second... no i don't

third... you'r not talking to kindergarten here, we all know what it is, it's well explained at many places

23 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

No one want/like to encroach on someone else's land and risk their objects get returned!
Some objects have a huge bounding boxes, that can't be inside your parcel, no matter what you do, and how hard you try to keep it in your borders.

Does the bounding box impeded traffic?  If so, then I can sure see how a neighbor would return an item where the bounding box was on their land -- and that is not being nasty.

18 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

third... you'r not talking to kindergarten here, we all know what it is, it's well explained at many places

You don't seem to get it; so pictures were needed, and still you don't get it or wanna get it, so whatever.

And no, not everyone have your oh "super knowledge of every aspect in second life".

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Does the bounding box impeded traffic?  If so, then I can sure see how a neighbor would return an item where the bounding box was on their land -- and that is not being nasty.

I'm not sure, because I don't have Alwin's super knowledge, but I don't think it affect anything, otherwise you won't see these objects being used everywhere.

Cambell Coast is a good example, everyone know this lovely community, where everyone lives in harmony not just tenants but actual owners who have lands inside it ( I was one of them ) people ride, fly, and sail there daily, no one complain from anything, nothing was affected, even tho the landscape there is using hundreds of objects with bounding boxes, yet everything is fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

You don't seem to get it; so pictures were needed, and still you don't get it or wanna get it, so whatever.

And no, not everyone have your oh "super knowledge of every aspect in second life".

I don't get bonding boxes either.  But the pictures help.  Apparently round looking rocks aren't really round, they're rectangular blocks that only look round.  So if you push a round-looking object right up to the border of your parcel, it looks like it's all on your parcel, but it's not:  the bounding box edge is way over the parcel border.

Did I get it right?  I hope so.

Some of us are open to learning.  Others are so backwards-thinking that you can't even wish them a happy Juneteenth. 😉

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
me hate Typ0s
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.