No answer from support

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I have created a support case 3 days ago and got no answver.

More than a week ago I created a group : Word1 word2, but decided i needed the word2 to start with uppercase.

So I removed myself so it get deleted. But more than one week have passed and it is still totally impossible to create a new group with Word1 Word2 because SL says a group already exists with that name, wich is not true when you search for it it has been deleted. SL is saying a deleted group can be used again after 48 h, but it is not true as after one week it is still not usable. So I have two prolems :

1) how come support does not answer after 3 days ?

2) how come is it not possible so reuse a group name again after 1 week it has been deleted

I bought a whole region with 15 000 prims for nothing, i cannot have my group for the land, so i gave linden a few thousand dollars for nothing, the game is not working as advertized, and linden does not even answer to me.

This is extremely shocking.

Thanks you

Hello Larry. It is not allowed to have two groups with the same name, even if one of them isn't active. With other words you can't create a group with the same name as a disbanded group. You'll have to pick a new name for your group. Is it so important to keep the same name for your group? Why not another name? LL gave you (as you said) a clear answer that "a group already exists with that name". I don't think that is logical by you to say that you can't have your group for the land if you can't give again the name "Word 1 Word 2". No good really to make difficult something which is easy. Give another name and that's all.

Why can't I create a group with the same name as a disbanded group?
I started a group that was disbanded, so I tried to start another one with the same name, and I can't

For technical reasons, it's not possible to have two groups with the same name, even if one of them isn't active. You'll have to pick a new name for your group (you might try substituting numbers for alphabetical characters in time-honored 1337 tradition).

Unfortunately, it's our policy not to alter the names of disbanded groups in order to accommodate requests for new versions of them. This is because it's a relatively labor-intensive process for us, and if we decided to start doing it, we'd be too busy chasing down disbanded groups to do the other things we'd like to -- such as answering support tickets, fixing bugs, creating new features, and generally making your Second Life experience as excellent as possible.

You can the link Here

Larry Gauntley wrote:

Hi,

I have created a support case 3 days ago and got no answver.

More than a week ago I created a group : Word1 word2, but decided i needed the word2 to start with uppercase.

So I removed myself so it get deleted. But more than one week have passed and it is still totally impossible to create a new group with Word1 Word2 because SL says a group already exists with that name, wich is not true when you search for it it has been deleted. SL is saying a deleted group can be used again after 48 h, but it is not true as after one week it is still not usable. So I have two prolems :

1) how come support does not answer after 3 days ?

2) how come is it not possible so reuse a group name again after 1 week it has been deleted

I bought a whole region with 15 000 prims for nothing, i cannot have my group for the land, so i gave linden a few thousand dollars for nothing, the game is not working as advertized, and linden does not even answer to me.

This is extremely shocking.

Thanks you

"Extremely shocking" !

I don't see anything remotely shocking, except for your ability to blame LL for their seeming incompetence, when it was your own incompetence/indecisiveness that caused you - and you alone - to use a small "w" instead of a capital "w" when setting up the group, and then you alone caused the group to be deleted.  LoveAngel has taken time out to find the official details about group names.  You perhaps needed to take more time reading and researching before you spent all your money inworld.

Also, no one held a gun to your head to force you to part with hard cash to purchase a whole sim, but now that you have, you seem to believe that LL should be jumping to your side the moment you need attention for something that is really very trivial.

I apologise if I seem very harsh if you have a real life mental health issue, such as OCD, but when I read your post, I really found it unbelievable that you could complain over something so trivial and self-caused.

However, my own opinion aside (as in the previous post I made), as you own a whole sim, are you aware that you are entitled to Concierge support? Speak to someone direct on Concierge Support, accessed from the regular Support page from where you submitted your ticket. Maybe they will be able to do more.

- I am familiar with SL since 2007.

- The game says disbanded group are available after 48 h, if you have changed that you have to change the message as well, your fault.

- There is still no explanation why support does not answer in 3 days, close the support then if it does not answer, it create false hopes and waste of time.

- I will try my luck at "concierge", thanks for the advice

LoveAngeL Lyre wrote:

Hello Larry. It is not allowed to have two groups with the same name, even if one of them isn't active. You can the link

I took the risk to disband my own group to change a letter in upercase because the game says a disbanded group is available for use after 48 h.

I was mistaken by what the game said.

If you have not corrected this error thats a problem, and i am victim of it.

Thank you

Are you sure that it says that a disbanded group will be available after 48 h? Are you not making confusion with:

“Disbanding or deleting groups

While there's no explicit mechanism for simply killing a group while it has members, a group owner can still disband a group by kicking everyone else out, making sure nobody new can join the group, and (optionally) leaving it himself. After 48 hours with a membership total of one or zero, the group is disbanded automatically.” here 

In the same page, it is clear:

Is it possible to get a disbanded group back?

Unfortunately, we cannot resurrect a group for you if you allow it to disband (see Why was my group disbanded? for more detailed information). You're free to create a new group, but the new group cannot use the exact same name as the dissolved group.

May 28, 29 & 30 were the Memorial Day weekend in the US, so I think LL Customer Service people may have been on holiday.

My friend & I have also been waiting a week to hear back on 2 support tickets (for buyng abandoned land).

I can only hope that Customer Sevice will be replying to their backlog of support tickets in the near future.

• 2 months later...

Being a group owner myself, I can point out that, during the group-creation process, it clearly states "Be aware that if nobody else joins this group within the first 48hrs, it will be disbanded and the group's name will be unavailable for future use".

Maybe LL needs to clarify the limitations of group naming - uppercase/lowercase differentiation etc.

ie, if the system recognizes Word1Word2 as being the same as Word1word2, then evidently the user must be careful when creating (and paying L$100 for) their group, if the appearance of the name is that important to them..

From a positive viewpoint, no other group will be able to use 'your' original chosen name for their own group.

For a minor mistake such as capitalisation of 1 letter, leaving your newly formed group was the wrong course of action, because you have lost your L$100 and the option to use the name again in future.

My advice would be to get over the loss of that name and think of a better one.

As for the sim and 15,000 prims - go and have fun with them! - that's a resource many of us would love to play with :)

Whatever you had in mind for building, which requires a whole sim, it will probably take much longer than a week. Get your project up and running, then think about a new group name for it. Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.