old SL player lost his way

Arlo Weir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, Stoped playing SL i think 10 years ago..

logged in a couple of times during this period but i dont know anything anymore. took me 10 minutes of defragmenting my brain to find out how to walk.. 

im an old guy 46 years old looking for some friends to have some fun during these strange times..

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Arlo Weir said:

Hi, Stoped playing SL i think 10 years ago..

logged in a couple of times during this period but i dont know anything anymore. took me 10 minutes of defragmenting my brain to find out how to walk.. 

im an old guy 46 years old looking for some friends to have some fun during these strange times..

Hey old fart, I am 51 in RL (21 in SL, like most people :-) ) and perhaps I can help you find your way again, like how to get dressed, remove the prim hair off your butt and so forth 😉
All joking aside, I can imagine how it is hard to try and catch up after 10 years of absence, so tap me on the shoulder in-world and we can have a little chat and perhaps a friendship 🙂

I'm 62 in rl (and 25 in SL ... sigh ...). Ah well.

I made a small retro hangout in SL – "Little Moons" – during these lockdown times.
It might appeal to some of the more mature SL:ers. Maybe not everyone, but some might like it. Pop by and visit if you like.
It's in the "Snowshoe (87, 44, 35)" region.

Tried to create a mix of:
(1) my grandfather's backyard as remember it from the 60s and 70s...
(2) something from a Ray Bradbury sci-fi story (with the UFO over the chimney)
(3) a few mini-games from vintage fairgrounds/carnivals (fortune teller, slot car racing, human cannonball ... always open to ideas)
Everything is haphazardly put together with duck tape. 😊

Little Moons is Moderate - I avoid the overly 'explicit' animations, but there are some dances and cuddles, a little pond to dive into and a number of places to just sit and chat. Swing from the moon... bring a friend and chat about old times, this, that and the other.

Be nice, be what you want to be – all preferences welcome – and enjoy, we're not in Kansas anymore.

"And I keep my Christmas lights on the porch all year long..." (pic below)

LittleMoons1b.png.a1e9c945861c1c285da714bee1a6d77b.png

Edited by QuietEventide
  • Like 9

Oh boy this is so me.. lol. I first started in 2007 and left in 2013 for work and illness. Came back fully last November after a 7 year absence and it was a lot to wrap my head around.. 51 in RL, 25 in SL.  Feel free to IM me as well. 

I even have a newbie under my name on this post.. lol. Oh for shame.. 😂

Edited by Moxie Quan
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cristina Eisenhart said:

Returning resident from 2008, been MIA since 2011. I was 42 back then so does that make me an “old fart?” Ha-ha! Just upgraded to mesh last week. Very pleased to meet you all!

Welcome.. welcome. Yes,  you're most definitely eligible for the old farts gang.. lol 

• Like 2

I am also returning after some years...I think 2015 was the last time I checked in. I had been on since 2008 and I have no idea why I went away. Anyway, I am self-isolated because of COVID-19, so I am back looking to talk to actual people and recapture the fun I had back then. I am remembering and learning how to walk and fly and it is all coming back to me. Old dogs, as they say. Anyway, as a 65 year old (25 in SL), I am glad to meet you young old farts. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jingle Blackwood said:

I am also returning after some years...I think 2015 was the last time I checked in. I had been on since 2008 and I have no idea why I went away. Anyway, I am self-isolated because of COVID-19, so I am back looking to talk to actual people and recapture the fun I had back then. I am remembering and learning how to walk and fly and it is all coming back to me. Old dogs, as they say. Anyway, as a 65 year old (25 in SL), I am glad to meet you young old farts. 

Welcome back.. Send me a message in world, we can connect. I actually joined SL in 2007 but my original avatar got corrupted and became a permanent pink cloud for years. Even LL couldn't fix her back then. I've since gotten her back with 0 inventory and the dreaded pink and white polkadot dress from the library. She's now the red headed step child.. literally.. LOL. We really should form a group for us returning old farts. LOL. I might just do that when I'm in world today.. LOL. 

• Like 2

I have been away from SL for a while also, and 42 (25 in sl) slowly getting back in there after leaving to get married and live my rl to the best i could, my husband doesn't not mind me playing so looking to meet some friends to chat and hang out with, if you need help or wanna chat hit me up will help as much as i can 

Edited by KaliGhostfire
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.