Two words, One finger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

(this is long winded sorry) I own a parcel and a new neighbor  extended some of his belongings on to my parcel. The original prim was on his land so it did not show as prims on my land. I did not ask him to remove them, he was never online < I know i know I could have used an IM but they get capped often>  So I sent the Items back and Put up a wall on my land.  I received an IM from him telling me I had to remove the wall and that I could have asked him to take the stuff off my land. < which i did not do>   The wall I put up is on my land and I told him it was staying. So he built a wall and extended it over the land line  ( I'm not completely sure how he does it>  and he put a big red picture with a hand and the middle finger up that says two words.. One finger.  He proceded to call me a few nasty words in  IM    I've left his wall on my land, because I filed a report with Lindens so If they come, they can see it also.  How do I prevent him from extending his items over into my land? I have all the settings right..  He puts the main prim on his land and then  turns it, or extends it and then it is on my land.   The person who sold him the land also told me, the new neighbor will be doing sex slave sales on the land < it is moderate land> Is this allowed?   Thanks for any answers  I've been in SL for over 14 yrs and have never had this kind of issues with any neighbors

In World>Parcel Details, be sure that you have restricted Build privileges and Object Entry either to just you, or just your land group. You may also file an Abuse Report on your neighbor if they are conducting Adult activities on Moderate land.

If the object's center is not on your land, but some of the object encroaches on your land, the above settings won't prevent that, but you can still right click and Return the object to its owner.

hi Lindal, thankyou  I did file an abuse report, so I wanted to keep the sign up in case the Lindens needed to see what I'm talking about.  All my settings are set how you said.  Im just so frustrated...  I've been in SL for over 14 yrs and I'm at the point I want to leave..  I don't pay tier for some one else to be placing, or extending their stuff on my land and, now, they are doing it on purpose.  I want to attach a photo of the 'wall' they extended to my land, but it's very crude and I'm not willing to get in trouble for it...  Thank you again for your answers   I appreciate you.   ~daq.

3 hours ago, daquari Stawberry said:

... I don't pay tier for some one else to be placing, or extending their stuff on my land ...

If it's just encroaching your land (that is, it does not show in About Land > Objects tab) then (while it may be ugly and annoying and all that) it doesn't actually count against your land's object capacity.  Doesn't help with the annoyance factor, but at least you can take some comfort that they aren't sponging off your tier payments.

If you just take a picture of it and include that with your Abuse Report, you should then feel free to Return the object. After all, that's why LL gives us those tools, to deal with stuff like this ourselves.

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Would auto return pick that up and return it?

No. Have you lived on an estate that allow out of sim decor? These estates is surrounded by void water, that no one can access. You can place decorations like reefs, islands and much more over the border by using a root prim as anchor. This is the same, just that it is not pushed out in the void, but on the neighbor's land.

2 hours ago, daquari Stawberry said:

Thank you all.. I did place a wall in front of the offending wall, but each time I do, they stretch their wall beyond it so that it still shows... Hopefully Lindens will come see it and work some magic.  I hope.   Thank you all again for all the ideas and kind words.   ~daq

suggest that you make a peace gesture. Delete your wall and use a TPV to derender their wall. See how they respond

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.