Firestorm: Broken chat log after name changes

ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

Yes.  Find where you are storing conversation logs on your computer, find the log under your customer's previous name and then copy/paste  the contents over into the log with the current name.  Make sure you paste the text in the correct position in the new log (probably at the very beginning.) (I recommend doing this while your SL viewer is not running.)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sandi Mexicola said:

Yes.  Find where you are storing conversation logs on your computer, find the log under your customer's previous name and then copy/paste  the contents over into the log with the current name.  Make sure you paste the text in the correct position in the new log (probably at the very beginning.) (I recommend doing this while your SL viewer is not running.)

Thank you but that's not the issue here. The problem is that Firestorm writes to the new file but when I try to open the Conversation log in Fs, it opens the old one.

I can find the new file on my computer and open it as a text file of course but there's no way to open it with the viewer.

Edited by ChinRey

I had this issue too. The conversation text file (also located in the chat logs folder) has an associations for each avatar. You can either fix it manually, or just delete it (or move out while keeping it, just in case) and let FS create a new conversation file, then it'll open correct chat logs through the viewer too.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, steeljane42 said:

I had this issue too. The conversation text file (also located in the chat logs folder) has an associations for each avatar. You can either fix it manually, or just delete it (or move out while keeping it, just in case) and let FS create a new conversation file, then it'll open correct chat logs through the viewer too.

Ah, that worked, thank you!

So now, with the new name change feature, everybdy in SL will have to learn how to find and edit hidden program configuration files...

No, I can't be bothered to come up with a sarcastic comment about user friendliness, the fact speaks for itself.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.