Home location

Aiwa111

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a problem. I am renting a property to keep off the streets. When i log out and login again I am not in my property. I get this message:

"Your home location is not currently available. You have been moved into a nearby region. You may want to set a new home location".

Can someone help me sort this out?

Regards Greg

5 hours ago, Aiwa111 said:

I have a problem. I am renting a property to keep off the streets. When i log out and login again I am not in my property. I get this message:

"Your home location is not currently available. You have been moved into a nearby region. You may want to set a new home location".

Can someone help me sort this out?

Regards Greg

This means that the region you have "set home" to is offline. If your "set home" spot is constantly giving this message, it may be that the region does not even exist any more. 

If you are able to teleport to your new rental property, go there, make sure you have the correct land group activated, and set your home position in the viewer again. (World menu in Firestorm, not sure what it is in the official viewer, maybe someone else can help with that?)

If you can't teleport there, then it may be that your new rental region is offline too. If so, your landlord will need to raise a support ticket with Linden Lab.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maitimo said:

If so, your landlord will need to raise a support ticket with Linden Lab.

Just so people know, you do not have to be the landlord or sim owner to file a support ticket for a downed sim. You can even be renting on mainland and still you can file a ticket if the sim your rental is in goes down.

From past experience, wait until the sim has been down for at least 15 minutes before filing a ticket and make yourself available to answer any questions they might have via the ticket system. If it's just a restart needed, anyone with estate rights can do it. 

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.