Help! Can't delete an object!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I  rezzed an object while landscaping that became invisible. I used a scanner to locate it, the scanner (Watchdog) even drew a box around it but I can't pick it up or even see it. I used "Highlight Transparent" still can't see it or draw a box around it :

WatchDOG2: ~~~~~~~PASSIVE object 1 of 1~~~~~~~
Position:<28.975510, 40.154652, 601.164612>
Name:Grass - short 1
Key: 0fe813d3-5a95-23a0-beb9-98558cddc06e
Owner:5d82018c-d248-4548-8d8e-4d45740483b9 Libera Romano

How can I delete it?

Thanks, I also am having a problem with 4 objects that aren;t invisible but when I delete them, take them, etc, it makes a copy of it instead of the original object. I thought at first that maybe the object was "stacked" and I accidently made several copies of it stacked on top of each other, so I kept pressing delete but my trash is filled with the object 50 times! so it has to be creating a copy and deleting it. Does that make sense?

I had the same problem. For over a week there have been 4 lonely little prims that would not delete and everytime I tried to pick them up they created a copy in my inventory but stayed inworld as well. It was different than the ghosted type of prim I've had before - where you can't see it, but you bump into it if you walk around. These were visible but undeletable.

Long story short: I tried your advice and "attached" them to my hand and they picked right up from inworld, appeared in my inventory (worn), and then I took them off and deleted them!

Thank you!

I think I may have seen that advice also in another thread (from you, Josh?). I didn't do it because I live in a community of skyboxes and really didn't want to be flying around, dragging objects, and potentially disturbing neighbors to get to a sim border. Just wearing them did the trick!

We've just come up against this problem too. Someone rezzed an item that they had been offered by an unknown avatar, declined (twice), and yet it was still in their inventory. When rezzed, it could not be taken back or deleted, and even as landowner, i couldn't return it.

They tried my advice of deleting all scripts inside the linkset and creating a new script that had an llDie() in the touch event, and couldn't even get that script to run.

Finally, they got the advice here about wearing it to work. It went back into their inventory, but the 18 prims are still used up from our allocation, and an object area search can't find it in-world.

Is this the old Ghost-prim issue with a new twist ? Should somebody raise a fault on this?

I have a different yet similair problem with an object so I thought I'd post it here instead of making a new thread...

There's an object I can't delete. It belongs to my business partner (who also can't delete it).

I have full permissions on her items.

I have full estate rights.

The scripts in the object don't seem to be running.

I can't delete or return the object.

Making the object temporary doesn't help.

Wearing the object isn't possible.

Simulator is an island so I can't push it onto a next sim.

Any ideas?

EDIT...turns out she can wear it like suggested before...sorry for the spam, thanks for the solution :)

• 1 year later...

You should be able to just cam below the surface, select the objects, and delete them.  If you can't cam below the surface, but you know roughly where they are, you can still look straight down, drag a selection rectangle around the suspect area (assuming that you have enabled Select by Surrounding), and delete the highlighted items.  Finally, if you really don't know where they are underground, you can derender the land surface temporarily with your Advanced >> Rendering Types menu (or type Ctl-Shift-8), so that you can see anything below the surface.

• 2 years later...

I tried camming below the surface, it was confusing at best, but i saw nothing.  so...  i have no idea what 'dragging a selection rectangle' means, or how to do that.  i have no idea where 'Advanced>> Rendering Types is.  Ctl-Shift-8 does nothing for me.  i use the basic sl viewer.

my problem is a green blob light that has totally ruined my house.  i say house- not home, because the green blob light destroys it.  i deleted all furnishings, and all i have is this green blob light that originally came from a table.  i deleted the table but the light remains.  i now hate my house.  is there anyway that my house property could be emptied of everything?  i am exasperated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.