linked Items on another land!

SarahThe Wanderer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I want to buy an abandoned land next to my land but it's in a different region so I can't join them, my question is if I bought the land and dropped a simple prim on it, then rezzed some items and linked it to this prim, then I drag these items to my other land that has 0 land impact available, will that work?

Thank you..

Edited by seeno29

10 answers to this question

The Land Impact always applies only to the parcel on which the origin of the root prim resides. Note that a linkset that spans regions will only have physical geometry on the region with that root prim and will act "phantom" on the other region. Region-spanning linksets have some script eccentricities, too, but the Land Impact behaves consistently: it always accrues to the parcel where the root prim has its origin.

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Thanks 1

I'm not so sure, Rolig.  If a linkset's root prim is on a different parcel, the land impact of that linkset is attributed to the root prim's parcel.  This is the the technique that allows Linden Homes to not contribute to the land impact of the parcel they (appear) to be located on.

• Like 1

I remembered i had a land i didn't join with my other land, so I went ahead and tested it, it actually worked!!

but not too far a way from the main prim, if i want to get it closer i have to drag the prim as close as possible but not out of the borders.

So I'm gonna share it here , that it actually works!

in case someone gonna need it.

but I'm not sure it's gonna work if the land was on a different region tho.

Snapshot_8027.thumb.png.740c054f97f1726c6543969dda842d47.png

Edited by seeno29

2 hours ago, seeno29 said:

Hi, I want to buy an abandoned land next to my land but it's in a different region so I can't join them, my question is if I bought the land and dropped a simple prim on it, then rezzed some items and linked it to this prim, then I drag these items to my other land that has 0 land impact available, will that work?

Thank you..

perhaps a stupid question ... but why would you? You can simply rezz on that land too...just not join it to one parcel.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

14 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

perhaps a stupid question ... but why would you? You can simply rezz on that land too...just not join it to one parcel.

what do you mean? you mean I don't have to link them? that's gonna count as land impact on my other land, just yesterday I was working on my land and of my items crossed the line to my neighbor's parcel, and it did count as a land impact on their land, but when I linked it to a random item that is actually in my land, it didn't count as land impact even when it's still there.

also, i don't wanna use the land it's gonna be empty, i just want the prims.

Edited by seeno29

I'm sure it works on adjoining parcels in the same region, I tested it.  The object's land impact goes to the parcel that the root prim is on.  I tried to test it on parcels in different regions, but since I didn't own the region next door or have rez rights there, my object just got pushed back into my own region.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.