I tried to install firestorm would not let me sign in ; and then....

Christina Kawashima

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

15 answers to this question

Two possibilities:  First, Any login info that might be stored i your copy of the Firestorm viewer is unknown to the SK viewer, so you have to re-renter it.  Second, if you have recently had a Windows 10 update -- like I did this morning -- all your saved login info has been lost in your viewers.  Again, you'll need to re-enter them.  Be sure that you click the little "Remember Me" box if you really want to save your login info. (But don't do that if you are on a computer in a public area!)

If the answer isn't either of those two things, come back and tell us.

19 minutes ago, Christina Kawashima said:

As far as I know it should be main grid, but tbh I am not sure where it even says that?

I appreciate all the help ..I only recently got back on and I am still trying to change my settings and I thought I was making an improvement d/ling firestorm instead this.

Maybe I try support ticket RN idk?

Yeah, it seems to be time to try the support ticket. Good idea to include that screenshot of the error message and tell them you're using the official Linden viewer but have also tried Firestorm with the same results, and that you have no problem logging in to the SL web pages.

The grid thing is shown below, but it's pretty unlikely you'd have the wrong grid selected on both viewers:

1125855588_Screenshot2020-10-21174604.png.7aab549df0dfd0b1357036031048ed78.png

Well, if you're able to login here, it can't be a problem with the account itself. Can you tell us exactly what the error message says, word for word, when it fails to login?

It might be worth trying to force it to login at a different location to see if it could just be something with the region to which you're connecting (which would be more or less likely depending on what that error message says).

I've been having myriad issues with SL over the last week. You might be experiencing one of them. You are able to log in here, so your rsername and password are okay. I wouldn't worry about your account.

Echoing Qie, are you sure the viewer is complaining about your username/password? Might it be saying it can't connect to a simulator? I've been having that problem sporadically for a week now, as have others. If that's the issue, do as Qie says and try logging into another region, like Smith or Pooley. And do give us EXACTLY the error message you're seeing.

If the viewer will let you -- can't remember off the top of my head -- type your username and password into some sort of text note doc and then copy/paste the values into the viewer fields.  That will ensure that there is no typo happening.

Also, depending on the viewer, it may want a space instead of dot between your first & last name.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Installing a second viewer should not cause this problem.  As long as you aren't doing something like forcing them to share file locations, you should be able to have all the viewers you want on your computer, and they should all live in peaceful coexistence.

Don't worry about the missing "choose grid" on your login screen.  There is an option to turn that on or off in Preferences.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.