Any ideas what this means?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The last two times I logged in I got the following message as I logged in.

The transaction with the marketplace failed with the following error:

'forbidden'

I've not bought anything on mp or had anything to do with mp in days, any thoughts?

Edit: I logged my alt in and got the same message.

forbidden.png

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a line

This has happened to me twice in the last 24 hours. The first time it happened, I worried a bit that it was a sign something untoward had happened (like a hack or something), but when it happened a second time, I concluded that it's a glitch, like the grey skins and system avatars a lot of people are experiencing right now.

ETA: And probably related to the fact that the MP now appears to be "down for maintenance"?

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

The last two times I logged in I got the following message as I logged in.

The transaction with the marketplace failed with the following error:

'forbidden'

I've not bought anything on mp or had anything to do with mp in days, any thoughts?

Edit: I logged my alt in and got the same message.

forbidden.png

I've gotten it on every login today with 2 different accounts.  One has not bought anything on the MP for over a year and the other hasn't bought anything for weeks.

I figured it had something to do with LL's MP work today and just ignored it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

First time I saw that message was several years ago, when they switched from merchant outbox folder in inventory, to the newest incarnation of marketplace folders listings in inventory.   Sometimes would see it on login, other times see it if TP to a new region.  It doesn't matter if you have a MP store or not.  Is a guess but seems to be a .. because other stuff in the connections are being goofy... you get a error message because you landed in a new region and some of the first checks of all the 'potential' folders you have for inclusion of stuff in MP store ain't found.  (Is 'potential' folders .. you could have because,  you can get this w/o having ever setup a store).   Can't recall if I saw the message on alt that was non PIOF, at the time though.  Didn't have a store so didn't know / care,  if needed to be PIOF back then to have a store.. So didn't think "Hmmm..  Am I only seeing this on PIOF me's?'.  But since PIOF is needed now for a store.. would be interesting to see if non PIOF's get the message too.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.