The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

It is also a double bathroom sink across the toilet section that has been on sale before. It cost 60 L too. Sometimes Kazza let their Happy Weekend offers stay up for a long time.

Kazza signature green towels. 😉You can link them off. It is a very dark shadow under, but placing same size towel stacks there, and it should work. Link off the tiled wall and it goes a little down in Li.

KAZZA - BytheSeaQuartoCasalWashBasin - CM

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Here is a Lagom sink that has a lot of color options, I took a screenshot. The HUD has a second page with 5 metals and 5 counter top metals/colors.

tidestone_009.thumb.png.4e2f70debb93d7b5af18c04bd051c0c8.png

It is only 4 Li when you link 2 lamps, mirror and sink. But you have to edit every part and link off a prim. The color change script is in an invisible prim. If you edit and delete it, you save Li. But you have to rez a new set if you want to change texture/colors later.

Very basic animations and no running water or light. The sink "throw" you off. So you end up in the sink or on the other side of the wall. But it is easy to add light to the lamps, and I like the look of this.

Wanderlust weekend, 50 L. https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Tracks/90/217/1093

• Like 5

image.thumb.png.a1936a260773dd029ed38a2f6b47dad0.png

Well SADLY I am sorry to report that I "highlighted" that Kazza closet set. It was pretty confusing when you got there and what you were buying wasn't even put out.  I bought it to see and this is what you get. There is also a men's version but I didn't buy that and it didn't seem (judging from the women's) that it wa on display.    Now you could of course make your own shelves rather than paying the $444 it seemed closet set but the LODs are pretty bad so unless you run at LOD 4 likely not too worthwhile. 

Sorry to report this as Kazza has had some great deals in the past.  Times change. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I bought the clothes set to use in my other wardrobes. I already had the Diamandis "Donatella" set, and the clothes fit well in there. This is 2 units from the Donatella wardrobe. As I wrote in the review on the Marketplace, it is strange that it is no rod to hang clothes on. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Diamandis-Donatella-Closet-Kit-Modern-Modular/11551657

But I made one myself of a cylinder. I do not like all the shading Kazza has on their items, it look weird when I try to use it with other things. But in a dark closet, it looks good. It is a few things I don't use here. It is not enough of them to fill another unit.

The Li of the clothes here is 11, so it is not super low li. The wardrobe units are low li, so that is always something.

And the Lod is horrible, Chic is right. I still think it is possible to use in small rooms. Because you will only see them close up.

Edit: All items are joined in groups, clothes hang together in pairs, the umbrella is a part of some hanging clothes, the three sets of heels is one object, and so on. Still, I found them easy to arrange.

diamandis_002.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I bought the clothes set to use in my other wardrobes. I already had the Diamandis "Donatella" set, and the clothes fit well in there. This is 2 units from the Donatella wardrobe. As I wrote in the review on the Marketplace, it is strange that it is no rod to hang clothes on. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Diamandis-Donatella-Closet-Kit-Modern-Modular/11551657

But I made one myself of a cylinder. I do not like all the shading Kazza has on their items, it look weird when I try to use it with other things. But in a dark closet, it looks good. It is a few things I don't use here. It is not enough of them to fill another unit.

The Li of the clothes here is 11, so it is not super low li. The wardrobe units are low li, so that is always something.

And the Lod is horrible, Chic is right. I still think it is possible to use in small rooms. Because you will only see them close up.

Edit: All items are joined in groups, clothes hang together in pairs, the umbrella is a part of some hanging clothes, the three sets of heels is one object, and so on. Still, I found them easy to arrange.

diamandis_002.jpg

I think it is VERY interesting that they exactly fit - LOL. Hmmmmmm. 

Agree that strong shading is a problem (cast shadow lights instead of "ambient").   But I don't think the money earned from this is going to balance the bad taste in folks' mouths. Shoppers remember.  

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.ffdb63980a1f9c132dbe130b2f96692f.png

25 Tuesday ----  Teleport board at landing point if it is a fixed one.  Here is the exact item.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Unbroken Isle/84/137/3734

There is also a very large boat "bed" :D

Four colors available (pastels)  -- CANNOT BE RESIZED.  Later: Also has a very strange pose menu that doesn't work well so basically this is outdoor "decor" to fill in a corner of your yard and look pretty (for 25 lindens :D).   

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 5

There are two items of decor on sale today for $25 each that I like and have used in my own homes. First, if you're looking to add to an artist-in-residence vibe, Artisan Fantasy's 2 LI Paint Brush Wall Art is something a bit different. And Muniick is selling this 3  LI (working) clock and 1 LI book decor as a set. The clock is particularly good if you want to use it atop a fireplace with a shallow mantel. There's also a $25 silver tea set - the tray and everything on it is 4 LI, and the single cup and saucer is 1 LI.

AF1.jpg

mun1.jpg

mun2.jpg

mun3.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 5

Attention kitchen collectors: The Flatiron kitchen by Newchurch is on sale today for $238. (You can see a demo here, but will wind up paying the regular price, $475, if you buy it from the store rather than the small shop in Cosmopolitan.) All the pieces shown here total 13 LI. (Top cabinets are linked with bottom units.) The sink, countertop and stove/oven have PG solo animations. It's a bit dark for my taste, and I wish the wood grain were more visible, but I might buy it anyway...

UPDATE: For some reason, Newchurch chose to display these units with a dark gray tint. Tsk. This is what they look like when the wood texture is set to no tint/white. 

SECOND UPDATE: There's a version included without the backsplash, but it's easy to make it invisible. Better yet, if you're going to place this in front of a window, it's very easy to unlink the top cabinets. Only problem: I'm not getting any rezzed objects for the animations. Don't have the time to investigate now...

newchurch1.jpg

newchurch2.jpg

newchurch3.jpg

newchurch5.jpg

emphasis
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Attention kitchen collectors: The Flatiron kitchen by Newchurch is on sale today for $238. (You can see a demo here, but will wind up paying the regular price, $475, if you buy it from the store rather than the small shop in Cosmopolitan.) All the pieces shown here total 13 LI. (Top cabinets are linked with bottom units.) The sink, countertop and stove/oven have PG solo animations. It's a bit dark for my taste, and I wish the wood grain were more visible, but I might buy it anyway...

UPDATE: For some reason, Newchurch chose to display these units with a dark gray tint. Tsk. This is what they look like when the wood texture is set to no tint/white. 

SECOND UPDATE: There's a version included without the backsplash, but it's easy to make it invisible. Better yet, if you're going to place this in front of a window, it's very easy to unlink the top cabinets. Only problem: I'm not getting any rezzed objects for the animations. Don't have the time to investigate now...

newchurch1.jpg

newchurch2.jpg

newchurch3.jpg

newchurch5.jpg

I have that Flatiron kitchen already. It was an impulse buy and I regret it. I never used it, but now I pulled it out. I looked at the contents and saw only animations, no props. And they should be there, as objects.

I regret buying it because without corner units, it really does not work as a modular kitchen for me. Oh well. I buy hundreds of things and don't use them. This kitchen has a nice size though. I do not feel like a child next to the counters.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I have that Flatiron kitchen already. It was an impulse buy and I regret it. I never used it, but now I pulled it out. I looked at the contents and saw only animations, no props. And they should be there, as objects.

Yes, I did mention that in my ‘Second Update’. $238, let alone $475, is not cheap, and I have written to the creator/seller to ask about the omission.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.e10aeb2227c2ad7a1bc2fb24a5c1161e.png

Hunt at Witchwood

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Desolate/128/50/25

Bed, pillows and dresses are 29 lindens. Small decor items 10 (low LOD so check that before hunting for them :D).  The bed is very nice.  I didn't find the table and chairs but I was mostly just doing a blog post LOL.  Kinda girlie for me personally but fun..

The  hunt is through the tunnel with the sign above saying WONDERLAND.  Free egg gathering basket on a poster by the display.      

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Yes, I did mention that in my ‘Second Update’. $238, let alone $475, is not cheap, and I have written to the creator/seller to ask about the omission.

Yea, I saw you wrote it. I thought to say it is not a new thing, it has been in the kitchen a long time. I didn't notice when I bought it, but I think it was when it was released. It is strange that it is not fixed. I got the impression it's a serious creator, so maybe nobody is using the kitchen animations. I know I am like that - I only try animations if I post here.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Yea, I saw you wrote it. I thought to say it is not a new thing, it has been in the kitchen a long time. I didn't notice when I bought it, but I think it was when it was released. It is strange that it is not fixed. I got the impression it's a serious creator, so maybe nobody is using the kitchen animations. I know I am like that - I only try animations if I post here.

The included notecard is from 2015. Who knows, we may get lucky with an updated/corrected version ;) 

• Like 2