firestorm viewer

Gracious Noel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello 

I need someone to fix my firestorm viewer or tell me how to fix it or give me a new one with new update. I accidently checked out the hybrid in the drop down menu on the updated one i have now i can't use it for all my grids I am on. i can only use it for one grid only. i need someone to check into or give me a updated one.

I have reinstalled it a few times nothing happens no change when i go to use it. I did a clean reinstall still nothing happens all the same like before.

can someone tell me what i can do or do a upate soon i am tired of using my singularity for my grids.

by the way this sl viewer is not keeping me online either i am having to use singularity as well. 

I hope you can help me and start working on it this been this way for a while i kept hoping there was new update still nothing yet. i am just letting you all know my problem.

Gracious Noel 

click on your firestorm viewer before you log on a grid look to your right hand corner on bottom where there is different arrow down menu firestorm, pheoniz, viewer 6, then hybrid the one i am talking about. i was seeing what it would look like i accidently messed up the viewer it self. since it is messed up i cannot add no grids to the grid manager i can only have one to use instead of several. i am not talking about where you find grids to log on that won't work either. If i go on another grid from the list it will mess up the grid i was on before i log on to.

my whole viewer is messed up i can only use one grid only not several. 

i have tried everything reinstall it and clean install it and still messed up like before. there is no change to it. 

there are different modes bottom right like i told you in my message above like firestorm, pheonix, viewer 6, hybrid when i chose to check it out that what messed up my viewer where i could not add grids to the list i have already. 

Gracious Noel

51 minutes ago, Gracious Noel said:

I doubt it would be "messed up" by choosing another mode at the start, which you're talking about. Since you're talking about several grids, look at the link Arielle posted above, it will take you to Firestorm's OpenSim version. On the SL version, you'll only be able to log in to the SL Main (Agni) grid, and the Test/Beta (Aditi) grid (if you have your account copied there), and you can turn on the grid selection box by pressing Ctrl+Shift+G, or going to Preferences > Advanced > Check in "Allow login to other grids"

You can also join the Firestorm Support group inworld on the SL Main grid, to ask for help setting up your viewer, if you have issues particularly with the SL version. However, downloading the OpenSim version from the Firestorm site, and installing it should make you able to log in to your grids without any problem.

click on your firestorm viewer before you log on a grid look to your right hand corner on bottom where there is different arrow down menu firestorm, pheoniz, viewer 6, then hybrid the one i am talking about. i was seeing what it would look like i accidently messed up the viewer it self. since it is messed up i cannot add no grids to the grid manager i can only have one to use instead of several. i am not talking about where you find grids to log on that won't work either. If i go on another grid from the list it will mess up the grid i was on before i log on to.

i have tried everything reinstall it and clean install it and still messed up like before. there is no change to it. 

there are different modes bottom right like i told you in my message above like firestorm, pheonix, viewer 6, hybrid when i chose to check it out that what messed up my viewer where i could not add grids to the list i have already. 

Gracious Noel

I do not use firestorm for sl at all. I do use the sl viewer for sl. last couple of times it did not keep loged on.

I do use the opensim viewer for firestorm for opensim grids. I have tried to use it for different modes sometimes i don't see mesh on people i should see. right now I am just using the hybrid mode since I am able to use it that way now. 

i will fix sl viewer another time right now I am trying to fix on thing at a time. i am trying to see if it gonna work for me or not if i go use firestorm mode or pheonix mode it  won't let me log on other grids with out getting messed up. 

i will keep working on it and keep trying.

thanks for you help you all.

Gracious Noel

1. This is not a support forum for Firestorm, despite how helpful some users can be on that front
  2. Repeating the exact same information several times over will not change the answers you have been given
  3. Mode change should not affect which Open Simulator Grids you can log in with, there is another issue afoot
    1. Mode change also should not affect how you perceive avatars on the varied grids

See about contacting Firestorm Support - they have a group within Second Life and a support ticket system through their website/JIRA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.