Hairbase Issue (is it just me..?)

Shamonne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I will see if you get other replies, but my belief is that the creator of the hairbase has made a mistake and "painted outside the lines".

Meaning that their hairbase is bleeding over to the neck skin. See SL head template:

sl-classic-uv-map.png

Try to wear other hairbases and see if it is just one hairbase that does this.

If it is this problem, only the creator can correct it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I will see if you get other replies, but my belief is that the creator of the hairbase has made a mistake and "painted outside the lines".

Meaning that their hairbase is bleeding over to the neck skin. See SL head template:

sl-classic-uv-map.png

Try to wear other hairbases and see if it is just one hairbase that does this.

If it is this problem, only the creator can correct it.

Yes, one particular hairbase (and a couple others) do it. Thank you for pointing that out.

I made my own skin and hairbase and after modifying the hairbase slightly I noticed I those lines appeared on my neck.  I was able to amend my hairbase and the lines disappeared. So I agree, the hairbase is where the problem lies.

Edited by Conifer Dada
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all your input, guys. 

I've contacted the creator of the hairbase (as per her specified instructions in her profile sans a CSR).

Even if I did not get a response after more than two weeks of waiting, at least I learned something from all of you. ☺️👍

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/26/2020 at 4:25 PM, Shamonne said:

There is a visible black outline of my neck bone whenever I wear a tattoo layer hairbase. How do I get rid of it? Thank you.

question.png

UPDATE:  For those having the same issue,  you're better off wearing the applier hairbase instead of the tattoo layer (even if it's BOM). No dark lines, clean and smooth.

On 7/26/2020 at 9:07 AM, Shamonne said:

Yes, one particular hairbase (and a couple others) do it. Thank you for pointing that out.

There is a chance it is not the hairbase maker's fault...

Quite a few mesh head brands are extremely sloppy in following the SL UV Map. This is why skin makers release skins by head brand, though they won't tell you it's because the head was flawed - as they and the head makers likely don't see painting an eyeball X pixels out of position or having the head UV map  Y pixels too wide at the base as a flaw... but it's an issue in all but a few brands with the flaw being off in somewhat random ways across them...

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.