My sim was offline for 5 days and my items are returned

OxfordLennox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello there. I don't know what to do and actually I have no idea why this is happening.

I cannot teleport to my sim for 5 days. Land owner is not online for 15 days. I am notified by LL that my name is not in the management list 3 days ago. Today my items are returned by someone I don't know. Full sim items, as huge bulks. The person returned my items is not someone I know of, offline, nothing in his profile and my sim name is changed.

Do you have any idea why could have been happened?

11 minutes ago, OxfordLennox said:

But this is awkward. I am renting 2 sims from her. The person who returned the items was not wven online when my items were returned. /=

A good lesson in the "always take a backup of your builds for safekeeping".   I can't tell you how many copies I have of various "take ups" back ups" etc over the years and they DO come in handy. Gachas are an issue of course.  

Also a good reason not to pay your rent far ahead unless you are willing to lose it.   

Very sorry. Hopefully rezzing the messiness will let you take up things in better order for the future. At least you apparently got some things (maybe all) back. We see stories here all the time of folks losing things on rental lands. 

And a good reminder to ME to make backups of my new sim builds.  Just finishing up and that definitely SHOULD be on my todo list. 

As a sim owner you can do a lot now apparently on the web without logging in. Possibly  they can return items on a whole sim -- I know not. OR all someone has to do is say "return everything" and it is automatic. One click and log off. So not really surprising they weren't there when you checked.     Sad. 

Go to a quiet sandbox (premium if you are premium) and rez your coalesced items one at a time. Pick up the individual items or click on a few that go together and take them up as a set.  That's your only option really.    One reason I seldom play gachas :D.  

5 hours ago, OxfordLennox said:

I am using my other sim at least it's still open. I rez a bulk and wait half an hour to rez. Bulks are that big. /=

If you use Firestorm viewer, there is an option to select copy items only. When your bulk has rezzed, you can draw around parts of the bulk and delete. The no copy items are left. This makes it a bit more manageable. I do this when I leave a place. I do not have thousands of prims, but it has worked splendid for me. It can take time to hunt the few no copy items I have, I have forgot what they are and where they are.

I do not remember where you tick this, I think it is under Build or under World.

1 minute ago, OxfordLennox said:

Ok I found out the person rented the sim to me was paying tier to someone else. It wasn't his sim. I just got the information. Since I was paying my rentals, now he has got paid rentals but I have no land. What a nice day!

bummer. It really sucks when people do this to us

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OxfordLennox said:

But this is awkward. I am renting 2 sims from her. The person who returned the items was not wven online when my items were returned. /=

2 hours ago, OxfordLennox said:

Ok I found out the person rented the sim to me was paying tier to someone else. It wasn't his sim. I just got the information. Since I was paying my rentals, now he has got paid rentals but I have no land. What a nice day!

Pronoun genders are a little confusing here, but if your second sim is still rented from the same person as the one that went away... you'd clearly want to have a chat with the true Estate owner if you haven't already.

As @Mollymews said, it really sucks. Maybe some other folks will read this thread and realize they should check the "provenance" of their "title", too! Estate rentals are scary enough, but secret subleases never occurred to me; I wonder if this is a common scam.

• Like 2

Yeah I know my sim owners are partners so it turned into he/she. I actually contact to "her", but the renter of the lost sim was "him". I am sorry that I didn't want to use their names, because it is sort of something wrong is happening in their rl life since they are not coming online for about 1 month.

Edited by OxfordLennox
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Basically, you are screwed. Had that happen to me and my partner at one point. Luckily she'd been paying the owner through PayPal and did a charge back. LL turned the sim on for a day so we could retrieve our items. If you're renting two homestead sims, you'd be far better trying to buy an estate (they are in short supply currently though). From LL's point of view, the only one they deal with is the sim owner. Any tenants or sub tenants are not their problem or concern. Renting is always risky unless it's from LL directly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.