Skin for Aesthetic + a different head?

Alicendre Boissel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Alicendre Boissel said:

Both omega or bom would work.

i haven't been looking at this  body for a while, but is it BOM and OMEGA? ... it wasn't in the past..
The body had to be adjusted with the huds.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i haven't been looking at this  body for a while, but is it BOM and OMEGA? ... it wasn't in the past..
The body had to be adjusted with the huds.

Sadly no, the body has its own UV which is why we can't just grab any skin. The head however is bom and partially omega compatible (including the skin but not most makeup layers).

Edited by Alicendre Boissel

12 minutes ago, Laurel Aurelia said:

it looks like their bodies are bom/omega compatible

That's the point... Aesthetic bodies do not support either option. So if there isn't any support specifically for that body... well, bugger. A few brands catering to that body can be found at the Marketplace - for my liking, the screenshots don't look too impressive, though.

There might be an acceptable match with the standard body texture and a third party head skin, but that won't be easy. Have a look at the offers by Stray Dog, Clef de Peau and Vendetta.

• Like 2

I did some more digging, they created omega for clothing appliers, but none for skin or tattoos which is boggling.  I found this resource, and I hope its okay to post. It's a fairly comprehensive table of male skin creators. It probably won't find you exactly what you are looking for since there is not a lot support for the Aesthetic body, but it can at least give you some names of skins in general to help him research and pick what would be best for him. 

I removed the link just because I wasn't sure if it was considered advertising or not since it had links to stores/mp.  If anyone wants it, please hit me up in world. I am not online right now due to RL work, but I am pretty diligent with responding.

Edited by Laurel Aurelia

I have a couple of male friends who have used a different head and skin with the Aesthetic body, to produce an avatar that actually looks good and avoids the common problems with the Aesthetic look while keeping that gymbro body shape they wanted. So while I don't have any suggestions for a skin creator (sorry!), it's definitely something that's worth the effort of pursuing. 

• Like 1

The Aesthetic store itself has a number of different skins. Grab one of those along with a head skin from a third party like Birth, then spend some time on the shape underneath. After that, find some decent hair that isn't labeled as Aesthetic. Finding clothes that aren't made from the same 3 templates is hard, but not impossible, too. 

If you're willing to spend the time and effort, it can be a really great body. It's also the best one, hands down, if you like to edit and customize. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.