You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

so here i am, ad i wanted to ask about rentals for stores or stalls, like where would be the best place to have one, what kind of sim or where could i find somewhere with a affordable rentals that wont break the bank ( linden wise), and would be around plenty of traffic too, also any advice on tip jars or donation meters too since i put one in my store but dont know what to do to draw attention to that too as welll as my store and what im selling, feel free to comment or im meh if ya like, thank you!!

I've never had a mall spot that made any money. I don't do that anymore. Limited time events can be good though and will drive traffic to your main store (put landmarks in each product, have a landmark giver, take part in any hunts for the event). Make sure you're set up on the marketplace as well.

A tip jar in a shop is unlikely to get money unless you're offering something that isn't a product for sale. Freebies, art displays... that sort of thing.

• Like 1

I suggest Amestate as starting out. It’s small but good and cheap in terms of the ratio between prims and weekly rental costs. It’s what I use for my store actually.

I’m not sure how to generate traffic other than trying to get bloggers, pr, manager or something. Could try the Stay at Home Club where creators contribute a free gift to others. If you can afford them, traffic games as well... 

I'm going throw another option into the hat, that may be not something that you fully want to invest in, or thought about,  but it's something we ended up doing, because as mentioned in another post, malls, sadly, can be hit and miss (more miss then hit). We tried malls, shopping centers, and even rented a shop at a busy Airport. The mall rentals, though not that expensive, never made a dime, an d the AP shop did little business. The problem was in all cases (for us), when setting an event for advertising, we couldn't put in the location, but instead had to use an inserted SL URL. One of the malls did their own advertising for their vendors, which was nice of them to do, but again in the end, not a dime was made. 

What we ended up doing, and again this may be beyond what you really want to do fully, is we invested in our own land.  Now, our sales are consistent and way up from the original places, we can do advertising without having to drop in an SLURL and we have full land rights and control.  Purchasing a piece of land again may not be something you're in a hurry to do, and I would advise not rushing into it, without learning as much as you can before. Also, again it may be more then  you're wanting to invest in at the moment, which I can related too fully. 

I would suggest check out the mentioned places above, as well as the advertising ideas first, and once you get settled in, then look into purchasing land.  It may seem like it could be a money loss, or something you don't want to fully commit too,  but in the end, at least in our case, it's paid off big time.  

Some advice if it helps

As Vicious Hollow says - invest into renting your own parcel where you can set your own landing point/landmark/SLURL.  This way your customers can always find you easily.  There are many commercial sims who offer plots starting at 1024 upwards.  Buy a prefab for your store and decorate etc.  Ensure you have a store on Marketplace with links to your store too and proper (appropriate keywords).

Then to drive customers it's about people knowing who you are.  So doing your own Facebook Page etc and engaging with the community on social media gently to slowly gain followers, making friends etc will be your best bet.  Plus combine thatwith taking part in Events (you can start out small) to start to build brand awareness to drive traffic.  

I have had a store in SL for 14 years as a hobby and traffic will be something you can generate yourself (and it's the right sort of traffic i.e. customers who want to buy your products!). It takes some time, but there is a lot of fun to be had on the way!

Best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...

iv stopped bothering with satelite stores for like over 3 years now, if a sim messages me saying they want a satelite store from me i just tell them i will but i am not willing to pay unless they can guarantee me certain amount of sales each week. same goes with events that are every month i do not bother with them since most of them are just scams to grab money off creators by some people who mainly have no idea what they are doing and just think they are smart and can make a quick buck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.