Clothes Creation suggestion

nikhil0702

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just completed with learning Marvelous Designer and planning to buy avastar for blender to start making clothes, so is there anything else i need apart from this and any suggestion to best start with making clothes.

Also i heard about getting some body dev kit so how do i make request for that?

Please guide me with your suggestions as am new into this field.

To get the Dev kits, you need to send a request to the makers of all the bodies you wish to create clothes for.. For some of them there is a link posted in the main store that takes you to a web page where you can apply.. for others you have to send an IM to the owner who will in turn send you the link to a web page.. In all cases you are required to apply first, and wait till they accept you as being a good candidate for making items for their brand.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

To get the Dev kits, you need to send a request to the makers of all the bodies you wish to create clothes for.. For some of them there is a link posted in the main store that takes you to a web page where you can apply.. for others you have to send an IM to the owner who will in turn send you the link to a web page.. In all cases you are required to apply first, and wait till they accept you as being a good candidate for making items for their brand.  

Do i need to buy sparkles with avastar latest version ?

you can do without sparkles it has a number of tools to help with animations, a few tools it has to help with rigging are now in the main avastar too. But dont jump in to getting avastar just yet, get blender installed and learn blender (2.79 for now and 2.8 as avasatr has not fully released an update for 2.8). Get familiar with blender, learn how to retopo the work you got done in MD and how to edit and build in blender, bake textures etc, all of which are blender tools, then when you got that down its time to bring in avastar, 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There is a BIG difference between Blender 2.7 and 2.8. I suggest you go with 2.8. Otherwise you'll be learning it twice.

AvaStar for Blender 2.8 is still changing and being tweaked, AFAIK. I am finishing a course on Blender 2.8 (Udemy) and just about ready to start playing with the 2.8 Blender-AvaStar.

I think I can put up with some AvaStar gotchas to avoid using Blender 2.7.

This has been asked so many times and there are a couple threads with in-depth explanations as to where to start and how to ultimately get the kits. Short answer is, you will not get the kits unless you have something to show for, there has to be original mesh in your store, some brands expect you to have rigged clothes as well..

Another thing that is very important, MD meshes are far from finished product, those meshes are used as base shape and are supposed to be retopologized in Blender, Maya or 3ds Max where you also can add other details and rig your models. Apart from poor topology, MD UVs are barely usable as is, they need to be rearranged and at times stitched using above mentioned software to optimize texture usage and have a nice clean result in the end..

Blender 2.8+ is very different from earlier versions and yes 2.8 Avastar is not yet fully finished, nevertheless, you should definitely go with the latest software, by the time you learn the basics, Avastar will be ready...

All this and more has been covered in previous threads, you will surely benefit from looking into and reading through those...also, good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.