Linden Home used for a Gacha store??

Jimmie Loll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

was I wrong on thinking that commercial use of a Linden home was not allowed?

"Activities and items that could be construed by Linden Lab as commercial and for profit are not permitted in the residential homes and houseboats in Bellisseria"

I have filed reports and now its 6 days and I still see the full bright store sign above the front porch, 158 items listed for sale in the area search

any one have a idea how long it takes for problems like this to get taken care of?

You are correct.  No idea how long tickets are taking nowadays.

Personally, if I owned a home nearby I would be tempted to put that quote from the convenant on a big sign, anchor it to my property, and position it covering their store sign.

A less aggressive approach might be to IM the store owner with a polite note - they may not have read the covenant, and may be completely unaware that commercial activity is a nono.

• Like 3

At one point during the first six months of Belli's creation Linden Lab (Patch) announced that there would be stores as well as something like "garage sale" areas that Belli residents would be able to rent. Also at one point there were places on SSP that "looked" like those areas being readied. That never came to pass for whatever reason.  

I have turned in Belli abuse reports on citizens breaking the covenant and never got things fixed. As expected, policing takes time and energy and there are only so many employees.   

LOL.  I just had a VERY NASTY idea of something you could do to your neighbor's illegal spot but I won't write it here. Sometimes though retaliation can be the only form of equality :D.    That was a Saturn in Aquarius  thought -- for anyone who know's what I am talking about. 

Good luck There is always "blacklisting" the sign. That is pretty much what I did. 

5 hours ago, Jimmie Loll said:

I have tried friendly/helpful notes before in the past and they never seemed to work out well.

Guess I should have tried the Mr. Nice Guy first

I ask in situations where it's a small thing or an accident, but when someone's breaking the rules in a big way... they probably know and it won't end well. You don't want to end up as a target because they got in trouble over it and they blame you.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

What region is it?

I'm not sure the OP should post that info, given the past comments made by Lindens about naming and shaming in the forums. Giving that big of a clue to the location (and, therefore, the parcel owner) might not go over well.

• Like 1

Well, welcome to the forums anyway, Jimmie!  Sorry we evidently could not be of more direct help. 

Stick around and, perhaps, let us know what you're doing with your decorating in the Home & Garden thread. Or, if you're stymied with it, you can invite some of our primo decorators over to help!

😉

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.