A small amount of L$ for newcomers

Jayshana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

is it possible that newcomers could have a small amount of Linders in their account to start out and then work to earn more L$, just a suggestions if that is possible so that they can buy new clothes and own their land, i'm asking for basic account that come into this virtual world with nothing in their account 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jayshana said:

is it possible that newcomers could have a small amount of Linders in their account to start out and then work to earn more L$, just a suggestions if that is possible so that they can buy new clothes and own their land, i'm asking for basic account that come into this virtual world with nothing in their account 

You could put a New Feature Request into the JIRA system, but it likely won't be done.

Way back in the early days, LL did pay basic accounts L$50 per week.  Those original accounts actually still get that money as long as they log in at least once during the week.  LL stopped the practice many years ago and I don't see them reinstating it.

Way back, they also had a First Land program where new accounts got a plot of land for free, but folks started automating the creation of accounts just to get the free land so they could turn around and sell it.  It turned into a perk that was much abused and thus ultimately ended.

You don't really need money to get some basic stuff.  You can get free bodies, clothing, hair, shoes, etc.... Do some googling and you'll find groups and blogs that provide much info on free stuff in SL.

• Like 4

I don't know if you've been through the newbie orientation process recently but part of the process is you earn money through doing tasks in the orientation region that can only be spent in a shop area there for some basic clothing and customisation items when you are ready to progress in to the big wide SL world there are portals that take you to places in SL you can explore including places that you can earn some L$. While you can kit out a new avatar for free it's handy to have a few L$'s in your pocket for any vendor that requires a L$1 refunded payment to get a freebie

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

it's handy to have a few L$'s in your pocket for any vendor that requires a L$1 refunded payment to get a freebie

If you find yourself in a position at a store where one of these vendor's requires a L$1 payment and you don't have any?....Just ask someone to lend you it for a few seconds. Some will ignore you but many will easily give you L$1. Use it to pay, get the item, the L$1 is immediatly reimbursed and you just give it back to the person who lent it to you.

5 hours ago, Jayshana said:

It won't ever happen because accounts are free to create and cashing-out is possible. As soon as this is implemented, people would create thousands of alts, transfer the L$ to their main and cash them out. It would only be possible if they removed the option of creating a free account altogether.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Jayshana said:

Linden do provide new accounts with a way to earn some small amounts of L$

search inworld for Linden Realms.  Is a Linden-provided game we can play.  Collect gameplay crystals and cash them for L$

• Like 1

People have demonstrated over the years that they will go to exceptional lengths for tiny amounts of L$, and if that means rolling an army of alts, or writing some program to do that for them automatically 24/7, so be it.

Back in the day some residents would place money trees on their land (myself included). These would rez small amounts of cash that a new avatar could click on to collect. The amounts of money dropped was tiny (a few L$), only available to accounts under a fixed number of days old, and taught fine camera controls (as the money would rez inside whatever random tree the owner placed). It was intended to pay for image uploads,  group formation, some basic accessories.

A few people would make an alt when their avatar got too old or have a few accounts just for farming the trees, that was fine.

Then came the bots that would rez, insta fly to the tree, collect everything in a split second and vanish (they were easy to identify by moving the tree). 

And that was back in the day when making a bot for SL was hard.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

People have demonstrated over the years that they will go to exceptional lengths for tiny amounts of L$, and if that means rolling an army of alts, or writing some program to do that for them automatically 24/7, so be it.

Back in the day some residents would place money trees on their land (myself included). These would rez small amounts of cash that a new avatar could click on to collect. The amounts of money dropped was tiny (a few L$), only available to accounts under a fixed number of days old, and taught fine camera controls (as the money would rez inside whatever random tree the owner placed). It was intended to pay for image uploads,  group formation, some basic accessories.

A few people would make an alt when their avatar got too old or have a few accounts just for farming the trees, that was fine.

Then came the bots that would rez, insta fly to the tree, collect everything in a split second and vanish (they were easy to identify by moving the tree). 

And that was back in the day when making a bot for SL was hard.

They would do the same with camping chairs. Back in around 2006 I would sit in these and earn around L$20 an hour, and the people around me doing the same were real people, and we'd sit and chat with each other. By 2008 the pay rate was down to about L$2 an hour and they were occupied entirely by bots. You could tell this because as soon as one got kicked, another would instantly replace it. For a while they introduced "captcha-style" protections to ensure you were human and paying attention, but even this failed and camping chairs went the way of the dodo.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.