You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm just asking the hard questions here...

I myself have started trying to make my own SL content on youtube.  I like it.  But...  Question is..  Is there a place where other SL youtubers can post their channels/ video links so I myself and others can watch SL videos/ content?...  I'm looking for a way we can support each other.  

Half the time I'm not aware of links to other peoples videos concerning Second Life beyond the most popular SL youtubers.  I know of a few.  But, I'm looking for more.  

And I have noticed some of the 'larger/ bigger/ more popular' Second Life youtubers don't really like other channels posting links for SL videos in comments, live stream chats, etc.  Its kind of creating this atmosphere where people are making SL videos but don't have a way to communicate with others about their SL videos outside of using TWITTER, FACEBOOK or FLICKER.  I'm in it...  It is competitive.  I've had comments made to me already about 'stealing' ideas from others, etc.  And other SL youtubers have made comments public they don't wish for others to cover certain things in Second Life.  Like I said...  competitive...

Is it ok for people to post their video links below this post for SL content, blogs and videos?

• Like 1

Second Life YouTubers aren't being mean by not wanting promotional spam in their comments. That's standard for YouTube, because it's promotional spam. I make videos in other areas entirely and it'd still be frowned on if I went around posting "Watch my video! I'm awesome!" on other videos.

What you can do is watch other videos and make a comment based on what you liked and so on. If people want to click on your name and visit your channel, they will. Also make sure your title, description and keywords are helping people find it in YouTube's search.

See if you can find relevant communities on Reddit. I'm a big fan of Twitter in general, but I get a lot more video hits from Reddit than Twitter. Some sites just have more of a crowd looking for video content.

1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

I like watching SL YouTube videos while I work at home. Vlogs aren’t machinima at all. It would be nice to have a constantly updating thread of new content links. 

Bree...  Yes!  That is exactly what I was thinking.  I just was not sure on the rules on here.  As you can tell I have not posted my youtube channel because I don't want to do wrong .   But, I would love to have others post their youtube links to their channels about sl and or specific youtube videos.  I'm literally always searching for them.

I still don't know if its against the rules to have people post their youtube links here in this forum if the videos are about SL.  But I will send you a private message here with my youtube channel.  One more person watching my stuff would be great.  So far I have 6 subscribers.  Maybe you can be next!  lol

My link with be in the message i send you.  smile

Edited by Sandra8675

52 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

Second Life YouTubers aren't being mean by not wanting promotional spam in their comments. That's standard for YouTube, because it's promotional spam. I make videos in other areas entirely and it'd still be frowned on if I went around posting "Watch my video! I'm awesome!" on other videos.

What you can do is watch other videos and make a comment based on what you liked and so on. If people want to click on your name and visit your channel, they will. Also make sure your title, description and keywords are helping people find it in YouTube's search.

See if you can find relevant communities on Reddit. I'm a big fan of Twitter in general, but I get a lot more video hits from Reddit than Twitter. Some sites just have more of a crowd looking for video content.

ty for your comment...

i am aware people don't want other links to videos in their comments.  I'm not new to the youtube world at all.  But I do feel people who work hard on make video content for second life need a place where they can post links, etc so people can watch or not as they wish.  From making youtube videos for sl myself i know first hand...  It takes a huge amount of time, patience and dedication.  I would gladly comment on others videos to help them get a higher ranking in youtube and google, give a thumbs up, etc.  Making videos is not easy.  And I appreciate the work people put into it.  But, I'd really like to see some of the new people out there making SL content.

I have a youtube channel where I record/stream either my building sessions in SL, building and inventory tutorials and sometimes just general SL life lessons. I've had my channel for over a year with 270 active videos. Personally, I find that sharing my experience and knowledge of being in SL for 16 years is not only helpful to others but therapeutic for me, as it helps me manage some of the communicative issues I have that stems from my diagnosed PTSD. 

I don't use editing software. I like to keep things raw and organic, because the physical world isn't perfect and certainly not SL. 
So, I just wanted to say that not everyone who has a Youtube channel does it for likes and promotes (not saying anyone above me is); I'm speaking in general terms. Some people just want to be able to share their SL in a way that is prolly safer for them to do so, on a personal level. 
I don't even have my Youtube channel listed in my in-world profile as I use a different name on Youtube. I know that's weird, having a channel and yet not openly advertising it. I can't explain it. It just is what it is. 

Kind Regards :)

I thought I was looking at all the available SL videos when I used my ps4 youtube app but it's not bringing up everything. I don't have any advanced search options. I just tried it on my desktop computer and now I can see that there are quite a few youtubers with SL content. I'd recommend to any youtube creator that they add a link to their channel in their forum signature.

Youtube is just Youtube, does not matter what kind of content you're posting, instead of looking for other Youtubers to support you i suggest to create your own niche, share your Channel in SL with friends, in night clubs, join groups that allows posting contents (...) you can also use Reddit, Flickr & Facebook groups to share your latest videos, A lot of people in secondlife started using Instagram as well, so try it too by sharing stories of your videos(..)

Also i'd love to watch your videos if you could share it with us ♥

Kind regards ♥

I tried. I really did. And it was so much fun trying! 8^) ❤️
I am a fledgeling You-Tuber but not for SL.
I cut my movie teeth in SL.

1. Bhriathrachan Bhea (Dancing with the wind). UNFINISHED. Nothing much after 2.44 Red shoes-ish, but for music. Two avies simultaneously travel the globe. Drawn by an unseen force. 😊. If music is hereditary it controls your entire life 👉🥰 Was meant to have 3 avies dancing at the end.
2. Premier pro workout - no name. UNFINISHED. Rock band tribute. As the lyrics dictate, Catwoman falls in love with mega rock star - 💕🙀😛 gets dumped. lmao.
Hard drive failure with two verses and a guitar solo to go. :( I might finish it one day. 

What was the purpose of these very old videos? I gained the knowledge/idea to construct my own wooden camera lightbox/housing in RL enabling me to control the lighting for macro videos of small trinkets & items.
The lightbox enables the latest custom PC RGB lighting control & patterns, (extended wires from PC case to custom LEDs) and also enables coloured laser effects of which a white one can be fired through prisms & crystals, giving rainbow lasers. I don't have a strobe effect yet.
I just dream things up and select things from online catalogues and ask family members help to make it all work.

On set doing my own stunts. Of Course ☺️ 2011? Waaaay pre mesh etc etc etc.

Annotation 2020-06-17 205140.jpg

Edited by Maryanne Solo

If you post your yt link here the fun police will be here to point out that you can't do this. 

But if you make a new topic like " Look how pretty yt video I made. or Show your pretty yt video that you made." And you post the video. That is absolutely fine. 

But if you want a lot of views there is a very good way, bit spammy but works. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.