Updated Forum Experiences/Changes

Sassy Kenin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Most of these suggestions would actively hurt the sense of community or not improve anything significantly.

I think you're also breaking one of your own rules, @Sassy Kenin, by making a new "thank you" reply to every person who comments on this thread. What's your daily limit again?

Well that could be possible for the OP in a thread but unlikely.

I think what Beth responded with to my original post was more inline with my intentions and a better way by making things organized and tidy.

considering the cost of the last forum upgrade and efforts into it while taken into account the lenth  of time between upgrades, then any major changes would be several years away or what they would entail. 

4. and 8.was mostly just a place placeholder to foster ' I disagree but  think i might have a better solution ' not to get the villagers panicking with pitchforks and chicken little doom.

I don't have really much more to say, but agree with everyone else better efforts would be made upgrading the code, servers/viewers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

@Sassy Kenin, by making a new "thank you" reply to every person who comments on this thread. What's your daily limit again?

Thank you for expressing your viewpoint and responding, Wulfie ....(teasing you)😉

Edited by Sassy Kenin

On 5/9/2020 at 1:04 PM, Sassy Kenin said:

This was created from two other discussions to outline suggested changes to the forums...to create a better shared user space.

1.Removal of the reputation points system

2.Expansion of the Emojis (Only if a user can be allowed to not see them from someone they blocked)

3.OP of a thread should be able to have the ability to close it or lock a thread after they think its served its purpose or it had unintended side effects.

4.Time limit replies to any specific thread or and limited posts per day in general to certain sections or topics.

5.Remove Advisor and other ruminate titles carried over from past forum incarnates

three types Resident, Linden,Viewer Developer. and possible subtitles for premium members and as a ‘Creator Package’

6. Monetize some classifieds or Add enhanced abilities  from premium membership.

7. Moves the peoples forum to the bottom of the website while moving the Answers Section to the top and add more restrictions to the general section in regards to topics.

8. Linden Lab may have a difficult time and understandable time controlling inworld events, the forum on the other hand should be the exception and a safe zone for everyone, so similar standards used by employers, the spirit of those policies should reflect on for customers as well.

I will add to this list as time moves forwards, I'd love to hear more of others opinions and suggestions. If your fearful of any social reprisal from your peers here for interaction with me, please send me a notecard and I'll post that as an anonymous comment to protect your privacy and safety here.

NO. Now stop it. It isn't broken. Stop trying to fix it your way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

NO. Now stop it. It isn't broken. Stop trying to fix it your way.

Sassy hasn't - none of us have - got the power as an individual to change anything, but for sure if a majority votes, it will go that way. What has happened with the removal of the Advisor tags has come from Linden Lab themselves. OK maybe it was sparked by these discussions - but I doubt it. I think it is more to do with the fact that time is running out for these forums, and they are about to get another face lift. It has been several years since the previous changeover.

None of the titles mean anything anyway. No one got any rewards or real status.  

It is, though, a bit of a kick in the face to those who have truly been helping other people for years, to be made to feel demoted. Not naming names, but those I hold in high regard, because they have helped me when I have been stuck, and I've been stuck many times. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
for grandma, grammer, grammar
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.