Linden Labs plant encroaching on my land

BilliJo Aldrin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

How do I go about filing a complaint to have a LL plant placed by a Mole moved to keep it from encroaching on my parcel and interfering with my sign. If It belonged to another resident I could just return it, but because it was placed by a Mole I can't.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Menophra/170/115/32

The plant was there first, buts its encroachment is interfering with the full use and enjoyment of my parcel.

Any suggestions?

Snapshot _ Route 1, Menophra (155, 109, 35) - Moderate.png

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
changed words

12 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

How do I go about filing a complaint to have a LL plant placed by a Mole moved to keep it from encroaching on my parcel and interfering with my sign. If It belonged to another resident I could just return it, but because it was placed by a Mole I can't.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Menophra/170/115/32

The plant was there first, buts its encroachment is interfering with the full use and enjoyment of my parcel.

Any suggestions?

Snapshot _ Route 1, Menophra (155, 109, 35) - Moderate.png

Probably best to go via support ticket route. I went via support ticket route when incorrect region name signs were installed on my old home sim. 

13 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Unlikely. You picked a bad spot for an adfarm plot. Better luck next time.

I simply expect Linden Lab's employees to follow the same rules as everyone else.

Thank you Marigold. As you suggested I have submitted a support ticket.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I simply expect Linden Lab's employees to follow the same rules as everyone else.

Thank you Marigold. As you suggested I have submitted a support ticket.

you bought it after the plant was there... shees... put it for sale at 500L per sqm as soon it's gone?

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Not all parcels are equal. In particular, microparcels 128 sq.m. or less are pretty much assumed to be adfarm remnants or some such result of land-cutting forbidden by Mainland policy, whenever in the past that cutting may have occurred. It also can't be listed in Search nor Classifieds. Anyway, it's unlikely anybody will fall for "the same rules as everyone else" for a 16 sq.m. microparcel, especially not one that already has advertising on it!

51 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Not all parcels are equal. In particular, microparcels 128 sq.m. or less are pretty much assumed to be adfarm remnants or some such result of land-cutting forbidden by Mainland policy, whenever in the past that cutting may have occurred. It also can't be listed in Search nor Classifieds. Anyway, it's unlikely anybody will fall for "the same rules as everyone else" for a 16 sq.m. microparcel, especially not one that already has advertising on it!

If you use the inworld search function on the firestorm viewer, parcels of all sizes are listed for sale, including as small as 16 sq meters. It is still permitted to cut and sell micro parcels. In fact, if I was so interested I could make a small profit every month by buying and selling such micro parcels.

Regardless of my use for the land, its against the rules to allow your prims to encroach on my parcel.

If the tree wasn't a LL tree, I'd have returned it as soon as I bought the land and this thread would not have been necessary

All I am doing is asking that the rules be applied in my case.

A Support ticket has been submitted, and I await a response.

Thank you all for your concerns.

36 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

If you use the inworld search function on the firestorm viewer, parcels of all sizes are listed for sale...

In Firestorm's Land Sales tab, yes, but per the Limits wiki page:

• Minimum parcel that can be listed in Places or All search: 144 meters²
  • Minimum parcel that can be listed in Events: 512 meters²

7 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

In Firestorm's Land Sales tab, yes, but per the Limits wiki page:

• Minimum parcel that can be listed in Places or All search: 144 meters²
  • Minimum parcel that can be listed in Events: 512 meters²

You are confusing two different things there.

Your wiki doesn't say how small of a parcel that can be set for sale, it only says that there are certain minimum limits for listing parcels for sale in "all search" or in "events".

Since the micro parcels are not listed in "all search" or in "events",  there is no violation of those rules are there?

If a parcel is set for sale, regardless of size, it shows up on the world  map as for sale, and it shows up on the inworld land sale search.

LL never banned the sale of parcels less than 144 sq m, so I'm not exactly sure what your point is, except perhaps to show your dislike for people that buy and sell microparcels.

But, SL is a big world, I would think there is a place for everyone.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
duplicate words

3 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

LL never banned the sale of parcels less than 144 sq m, so I'm not exactly sure what your point is, except perhaps to show your dislike for people that buy and sell microparcels.

Yes, quite. I loathe them.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.