Rude neighbours got me in trouble with LL

MissMurderLamb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So yesterday I woke up and found one of my neighbours had rezzed their items on my land WITHOUT my permission. Now, before anyone says "you should have made sure objects are restricted to you or group only" I did! Only group members where supposed to be able to rezz on my land. The only members who where in this group are my alts ( I use them for roleplaying) anyway, this person found my group and joined with out my knowledge to rezz their items and never picked them up. This person got me in trouble with LindenLabs because the LL thought it was either my objects or that this person had my permission to rezz. 

Im really upset that this person had gotten me in trouble with the LL and I was at risk of losing my account all because of this one person who thought it would be ok to join my private group made for my closest friends and alts. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind people rezzing on my land as long as they pick it up after. Hence, letting only my closest friends rezz there. I asked all my friends in my group if they knew who this person was and nobody did. I know these people in real life and I know they would never lie to me. It would seem as though this person had edited one of my objects and joined the group rezzed out a few obnoxious items and then left the group. 

I finally figured out how to close my group so people can only join if I invite them but still! I got a strike from lindenlabs because of someone rezzing on my land with out my permission or knowledge. No one should have to go through this. No one expects to go to their linden home to find some people joining the group they have to rezz their own things there and get the owner in trouble with the LL. The thing is I didn't even see the items they had rezzed either. I found out someone had been using my land because of the text saying I ran out of prim which I knew straight away wouldn't be right as I know my prim limit and my items prims. Once I saw this persons name taking up ALL of my remaining prim I am absolutely fuming. Not only did this person got me a strike with the LL, I had to revoke my friends privileges to rezz on my land to make sure it wont happen again, not even my alts can rezz on my land now. Yes, I made the mistake of using a open group for my land, but even so, no one expects random people to join a group made just for close friends, family and alts just to rezz some things there that would get the owner in trouble with linden labs.

I would contact the LL about all this but I doubt they will believe me since I already returned the objects of this person and hadn't written their name down. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same person who filed a report on me. Before I even found this persons objects LL kept contacting me and giving me warnings for almost 2 days, it was the 3rd day when I found the persons objects. I had no idea what they where talking about and figured they must of contacted the wrong user. Now I know why and I would hate to see a someone else go through this.

I still don't understand why the LL contacted me instead of that person maybe they rezzed on my land before with out me knowing and did contact them about it or maybe LL thought this person was sharing the home with me I will never know. Hopefully, that will be the last of that incident and it never happens again.

So guys if you own a linden home please be carefull and always check on your land and the group you are using for it! 

Welcome to Second Life forums, MissMurderLamb

I can understand your annoyance, and it is obvious you have learnt a very sharp lesson here too.

Do not be afraid of allowing your own alts to rezz or move or modify your objects, just always dot the 'i's and cross the 't's when doing anything in Second Life.

(And note to my friend TDD, you CAN trust me. Always!!!)

(And note to my RL friend - you know who you are - the photos - you know which ones ;) - will always remain. Our. Little. Sekret. )

13 minutes ago, MissMurderLamb said:

So yesterday I woke up and found one of my neighbours had rezzed their items on my land WITHOUT my permission. Now, before anyone says "you should have made sure objects are restricted to you or group only" I did! Only group members where supposed to be able to rezz on my land. The only members who where in this group are my alts ( I use them for roleplaying) anyway, this person found my group and joined with out my knowledge to rezz their items and never picked them up. This person got me in trouble with LindenLabs because the LL thought it was either my objects or that this person had my permission to rezz. 

Im really upset that this person had gotten me in trouble with the LL and I was at risk of losing my account all because of this one person who thought it would be ok to join my private group made for my closest friends and alts. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind people rezzing on my land as long as they pick it up after. Hence, letting only my closest friends rezz there. I asked all my friends in my group if they knew who this person was and nobody did. I know these people in real life and I know they would never lie to me. It would seem as though this person had edited one of my objects and joined the group rezzed out a few obnoxious items and then left the group. 

I finally figured out how to close my group so people can only join if I invite them but still! I got a strike from lindenlabs because of someone rezzing on my land with out my permission or knowledge. No one should have to go through this. No one expects to go to their linden home to find some people joining the group they have to rezz their own things there and get the owner in trouble with the LL. The thing is I didn't even see the items they had rezzed either. I found out someone had been using my land because of the text saying I ran out of prim which I knew straight away wouldn't be right as I know my prim limit and my items prims. Once I saw this persons name taking up ALL of my remaining prim I am absolutely fuming. Not only did this person got me a strike with the LL, I had to revoke my friends privileges to rezz on my land to make sure it wont happen again, not even my alts can rezz on my land now. Yes, I made the mistake of using a open group for my land, but even so, no one expects random people to join a group made just for close friends, family and alts just to rezz some things there that would get the owner in trouble with linden labs.

I would contact the LL about all this but I doubt they will believe me since I already returned the objects of this person and hadn't written their name down. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same person who filed a report on me. Before I even found this persons objects LL kept contacting me and giving me warnings for almost 2 days, it was the 3rd day when I found the persons objects. I had no idea what they where talking about and figured they must of contacted the wrong user. Now I know why and I would hate to see a someone else go through this.

I still don't understand why the LL contacted me instead of that person maybe they rezzed on my land before with out me knowing and did contact them about it or maybe LL thought this person was sharing the home with me I will never know. Hopefully, that will be the last of that incident and it never happens again.

So guys if you own a linden home please be carefull and always check on your land and the group you are using for it! 

getting curious about whát those objects were... i seriously doubt LL wil haunt you and shower you with warnings just for a full parcel.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, MissMurderLamb said:

It seems you have not actually communicated at all with LL regarding this. If you are concerned that there is some sort of black mark next to your name now, why not just reply to them with the info you have given us here? It can't hurt to let them know your side of the story for the record. 

• Like 4

What kind of strike did you get and in what way did anyone communicate with you - multiple times within several days, as it seems?

Are you familiar with the land tools in About Land? There's a list on the Objects tab which neatly shows you how many prims are on your plot and who owns them - a fine way to mass-return stuff to a single avatar.

Also, if you wish to open your group again: make a new group role, name it "Builders" or something and grant building permissions to that role. Disable it for the general "everybody" role.

PS: Screenshots are your friend. Take a few before fiddling with stuff, so you'll have something to refer to later on. :)

• Like 2

• Administrators

Hey MissMurderLamb,

If you have any questions or concerns regarding recent disciplinary action taken against your account you may file an Abuse Appeal via a Support Case, and we will be more than happy to address those with you.

Since we cannot address these types of things on the forums I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.