Best place to lease on a water continent - 4096+

Tony Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1099 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been away from SL for about a year.  I lived near Hollywood Airport and on the Blake Sea for about four years before that.   All Estate properties.   Is this still the best water continent on SL to live in?  I have also lived on Fruit Island as well.   Not much traffic at either location these days.   Just wondering if there is a new water area?  I need 4096+ area land.

• Like 1

The area around the Blake Sea is still very popular.  There are both Mainland and Private Estates that border it.  The Fruit Islands are very nice, but from what I hear, they've limited sailing access to their residents only, which may account for the decrease in traffic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Fruit Islands have (for as long as I have been aware around 5 years) always said residents only, the attached Northern Eden estate never has. I don't think it is very enforceable, but have always made sure to obtain permission before running a publicly advertised cruise in the area.

Hollywood may seem quiet because Second Norway and Sailors Cove East are transitioning between new ownership. There are other connected estates to the Nautilus continent at Seychelles and FairChang.

The new expanding area for sailing however is on the Bellisseria Continent. To be connected to that you would need to be looking for a parcel to rent on Jeogeot, or the very southern edge of Sansara. Worth a look but I suspect the prices will be high.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
On 5/1/2020 at 2:20 AM, Aethelwine said:

The Fruit Islands have (for as long as I have been aware around 5 years) always said residents only, the attached Northern Eden estate never has. I don't think it is very enforceable, but have always made sure to obtain permission before running a publicly advertised cruise in the area.

Hollywood may seem quiet because Second Norway and Sailors Cove East are transitioning between new ownership. There are other connected estates to the Nautilus continent at Seychelles and FairChang.

The new expanding area for sailing however is on the Bellisseria Continent. To be connected to that you would need to be looking for a parcel to rent on Jeogeot, or the very southern edge of Sansara. Worth a look but I suspect the prices will be high.

Thank you this was very helpful. 

• Like 1

To own land on the Mainland, you'd need to go Premium.  One of the perks of Premium is a free Linden Home, which would be located in Bellisseria.  Even if you never go Premium, never even rent a parcel let alone own one, anywhere, you can still use one of the many rez zones the Lindens have set up in Bellisseria.  Welcome back to Second Life!  🙂

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 10:46 PM, Tony Giffen said:

Mainland is just such a free for all and no rules, its just very trashy.   Thanks for the info about Bellisseria Continent. 

It's not all trashy. You have to find the communities where people keep them up nicely and have rules, there are multiple communities of this type you can find in search.

If you can't afford Blake Sea, Sea of Fables is another area that is now becoming fashionable and costly but not as much as Blake, and has very nice rentals and sales. Look for non-Blake seas and the coasts of the other continents.

Bellisseria only has 512 m houseboat lots and 1024 house lots and it's a total luck of the draw, you can't pick out waterfront or an area you like, it is randomly assigned. There are no 4096 lots, so you would have to look in other areas, perhaps across from Bellisseria.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

It's not all trashy. You have to find the communities where people keep them up nicely and have rules, there are multiple communities of this type you can find in search.

If you can't afford Blake Sea, Sea of Fables is another area that is now becoming fashionable and costly but not as much as Blake, and has very nice rentals and sales. Look for non-Blake seas and the coasts of the other continents.

Bellisseria only has 512 m houseboat lots and 1024 house lots and it's a total luck of the draw, you can't pick out waterfront or an area you like, it is randomly assigned. There are no 4096 lots, so you would have to look in other areas, perhaps across from Bellisseria.

Bellisseria Houseboats are 1024 sqm, the only 512 sqm are Campers.

There's a new community on the east of Sea of Fables, which was still building when I last looked but they were offering rentals, so might be a good place to look @Tony Giffen

• Like 2

There’s been some nice things happening around Satori.  Only the Southern tip is connected to beautiful Bellisseria and it’s no Banlines covenant, but hopefully some entrepreneurs will realize how much more valuable this land is if it features sailing access to Bellisseria AND to Blake Sea.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1099 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.