Fees for taking photos???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, sandi Mexicola said:

You can save to your local hard drive for free.  If you want to save to your SL inventory, it costs L$10.  :)  

Thanks, Sandi, I knew that, but have never seen this message before. The implication is that there are different fees for different levels of membership, with no indication of what the fees are or what categories of photos they apply to. I was wondering if this yet another bit of current SL weirdness (along with some of the glitches with houses in Bellisseria, or disappearing controls within the SL viewer). Or maybe there are new hires poached from Facebook, where they like to 'move fast and break things' ;) 

4 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Thanks, Sandi, I knew that, but have never seen this message before. The implication is that there are different fees for different levels of membership, with no indication of what the fees are or what categories of photos they apply to. I was wondering if this yet another bit of current SL weirdness (along with some of the glitches with houses in Bellisseria, or disappearing controls within the SL viewer). Or maybe there are new hires poached from Facebook, where they like to 'move fast and break things' ;) 

oh *now* i see what you mean.  :P  i never noticed that before either!  

Well, I don't get that message, but I am sure I will see it soon.  

Edited by sandi Mexicola

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I saw the viewer discussion video a while back and it was discussed about the third party viewers releasing with that bit in them. It was alluded to that premium account holders would in fact be charged less for uploads in the future. I will post the video , if I can find it again, with relevant time mark.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I was just going to take a few pics (using the LL SL viewer) and noticed this for the first time. Anyone know what this is about? I did take one pic and save it to my pc and didn't see a change in my balance. 

fee.JPG

Someone posted here on the forums not too long ago information that suggested that "Super Premium" or whatever was going to include free texture uploads as one of the perks.  I have NO idea where they got that information and I likely asked but it wasn't answered (or I wasn't tagged). 

Quite a few new to come bits of code have been added to the Linden viewer ahead of time, so likely (possibly) this is part of that "perk".     

Hopefully someone else knows more.  

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.