Farewell Uccello Poultry, Gone too soon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was talking to my friend, Vick, the editor of the Bay City Post. He said he was sorry about what happened to Uccello Poultry, Uccie. I didn't know what he was talking about. There is no easy, graceful way to pass along the news. Uccie has died of COVID-19, on 4/21/20.

I don't think she posted in this Forum, but oldbies will remember her well.  I am so, so sorry to learn of this. My thoughts to her friends and family.

Here's the article in the Post, which also links to Uccie's last article written while she was in the hospital. http://baycitypostsl.blogspot.com/2020/04/goodbye-uccie.html

Edited by Seicher Rae
corrected date
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 7

Thanks for posting the news here, Seicher. I had been trying to decide whether to do so or not, mostly not sure which Forum it should go in. Uccie will be greatly missed by everyone who knew her. Vick's post is an excellent tribute to our friend.

ETA: Uccie passed away Tuesday night, April 21. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Thanks for posting the news here, Seicher. I had been trying to decide whether to do so or not, mostly not sure which Forum it should go in. Uccie will be greatly missed by everyone who knew her. Vick's post is an excellent tribute to our friend.

ETA: Uccie passed away Tuesday night, April 21. 

I had just been thinking about her, too. We mainly communicated via her mySL feed, but we chatted now and again. The last time I saw her was when I was taking photos at her waterfall, which was close to the time she took her hiatus. I knew she had to leave SL for RL reasons, and I would often wonder how she was doing.

Vick did do a good tribute. 

She was so young. The news is shocking...

* and I corrected the date. Thank you.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kali Wylder said:

So sorry to hear this. I didn't know her well but I met her at the fireworks a few times.  The weekly summner fireworks at Robin's, can't remember their official name.

I'm not sure there is an official name, it's pretty much just "Marianne's doing fireworks at Livingtree tonight" (a/k/a "Mari wants Big Booms!"). 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.