Amazon "starter pack"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Browing amazon I found that they sell a 'starter pack' for SL that includes some sort of vehicles and 1000L. I have some money on an amazon gift card so was pondering doing that, although the reviews mentioned that LL is no longer doing the promotion. I am looking for confirmation on whether this item on amazon would still be valid, lindens and all. thanks!

I'd ask WHY PAY for something... if it's FREE to start with. Yes, L$1000 and vehicle sounds 'nice'... BUT with a FREE Basic Account... and finding freebie vehicles (there's ALL KINDS.. just search).

The L$1000  is worth about US$4 dollars... if Amazon Pack costs much more than that... is a RIP!! 

When you join SL as a Premium member, you get L$1000 as a starting bonus (if you are still a member after 45 days), so there's the L$1000.  My guess is that if you read the fine print, you'll find that it describes the rest of the Premium benefits (like a "free" Linden Home) and includes boilerplate language about how you can build things and can drive vehicles, etc.  If it's not actually Linden Lab making the Amazon offer -- that's really unlikely -- then you will be paying someone else for things you would get anyway when you join SL.

Nope, Linden Lab had yoinked it off for sale not too long ago. All the listings (even the free versions) are marked as "No longer available":

As for whether or not they still worked at the time. The answer is like no, which is rather unfortunate because I definitely would have bought them if they did work, because I like collecting LDPW stuff.

You can still technically link your amazon account with Second Life if you so desire though, I did, because I am a 100% completionist and I plan on being the first person to beat Second Life.

Also yes, this was an official Second Life thing, it even had a page to link your amazon account.

Edited by Chaser Zaks

At one time LONG LONG ago, Linden Lab did try to link all sorts of (very expensive versus buying inside of SL) items on Amazon Marketplace.  They were obviously such a bad deal price wise that the idea didn't work.    A bit like the STEAM try and the simplified viewer experiment  :D.   So just some history.  

Aside from some books I can find nothing now on Amazon.   

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.