De-rendering skybox not working

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

uglyskybox.thumb.jpg.f5eab564001e8b05a913ad351950d7f5.jpg

Can't de-render this thing. Can't even select it for editing. And it's full bright.

Strange. I can fly up to it. Still can't select it. I can cam inside and de-render the contents. But not the dome itself or its ground. Is there some way to hide this glowing monster?

• Haha 1

You could try highlight transparent Ctrl + Alt + T it may highlight the part you need to de-render it. Edit mode and trying to select it with the click/drag square round it is worth a shot you may catch other objects doing this if so you can right click on one of the objects de-render and it will de-render every highlighted object

4 hours ago, animats said:

uglyskybox.thumb.jpg.f5eab564001e8b05a913ad351950d7f5.jpg

Can't de-render this thing. Can't even select it for editing. And it's full bright.

Strange. I can fly up to it. Still can't select it. I can cam inside and de-render the contents. But not the dome itself or its ground. Is there some way to hide this glowing monster?

Set your draw distance fairly high, open an edit window, and then cam back so that you can draw a square around it.  Too far back won't work - it seems there is a fine line between too close and too far away.  The ones near me are multiple layers, so it took a bit to get it all derendered, but I eventually did.

19 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Set your draw distance fairly high, open an edit window, and then cam back so that you can draw a square around it.  Too far back won't work - it seems there is a fine line between too close and too far away.  The ones near me are multiple layers, so it took a bit to get it all derendered, but I eventually did.

Spent about 10 minutes trying different distances and selections, but never got a hit on the dome.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Another thought -- can you cam inside it and then select it from the inside?

That worked! Then I was able to de-render another 200 objects or so and have a clear sky.

Fortunately I don't fly near there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 11:49 PM, animats said:

That worked! Then I was able to de-render another 200 objects or so and have a clear sky.

Fortunately I don't fly near there.

Sounds like somebody did a little "engineering" to attempt to thwart blocking.  Does that abomination happen to have any advertising on it?

On 4/17/2020 at 10:26 AM, Ardy Lay said:

Sounds like somebody did a little "engineering" to attempt to thwart blocking.  Does that abomination happen to have any advertising on it?

No, it's just a house under a skydome, in a stack of skydomes, at too low an altitude. Those things should be moved off mainland, to isolated sims.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.